Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

I've seen that the passes at Publix have started to pop up. Would anyone know the prices and nights that you get with the passes sold at the store?

Hi all,
I read that there was a "RIP tour half" at the HHN last year, with visiting the half of the houses.
Can someone here confirm that there was this "RIP tour half" last year?
I can not find tickets for this "RIP tour half" online, just for the full tour.
Does anyone know if there will be tickets available for the "RIP tour half" at a later date?

Does anyone know how much Frequent Fear plus would cost if you bought it at the gate right now? (Sometime within the next week)

Has anyone seen anything regarding FL resident tickets? Typically they have the coke can promotions or something along those lines.

Is it true if you call universal and buy a hhn pass and also have a annual pass that they will give you a discount?

Is it true if you call universal and buy a hhn pass and also have a annual pass that they will give you a discount?

Some HHN tickets are discounted for AP holders. So if you bought both at the same time, I'd assume they'd apply the discount. I know my friend got a RoF+Express with the AP and it was a $20 discount (I think last year it was 10%).

Hi all,
I read that there was a "RIP tour half" at the HHN last year, with visiting the half of the houses.
Can someone here confirm that there was this "RIP tour half" last year?
I can not find tickets for this "RIP tour half" online, just for the full tour.
Does anyone know if there will be tickets available for the "RIP tour half" at a later date?

There was a 1/2 RIP Tour last year and there will be another one this year! It can only be purchased the night of or through the VIP Sales office on the phone.

spent over an hour today trying to buy a Halloween Horror Nights Annual Pass Rush of Fear + Express ticket for my brother. Tried purchasing online but online order form doesn't like his address and keeps throwing an error. So had to call to buy tickets, hooboy, they dont make it easy. Took 5 different calls to get to someone who could actually figure out how to sell me the ticket. On 5th call they couldnt look up my seasonal pass, computer was having an issue, but the agent on the 5th call eventually got it all to work. I personally can't fathom why it is so insanely difficult to buy tickets. Seems like every year i buy tickets there is some kind of issue, its always a pain in the butt. Universal needs to figure out what they are doing, there is no way that buying tickets should be such a pain.

Has anyone heard anything about the Annual passholder event? I haven’t seen any thing online about sign ups. I know in the past the event has been on the first two weekends.

This year will be my first HHN Orlando experience and in fact my first time at Universal Orlando. I’ve done Hollywood several times and had an annual pass for several years. I just happen to be attending a wedding in Orlando in October and between all the events and people wanting to visit WDW, I have one full day available for Universal.

What would my best ticketing option be if my primary goal is to hit each house and do as many rides as possible? One caveat is that I’m ok skipping any rides that also exist in Hollywood. I figure I have 3 options:

1) Day ticket to USF, focus on rides in the morning, S&S, focus on houses and shows at night with express
2) Day ticket to IOA, do as much as possible, walk over to USF for HHN when the event starts with express
3) 2 Park Day ticket, start day in IOA, go over to USF early afternoon and hit a few rides, S&S, focus on houses and shows with express

USF appeals to me slightly more since I’m not too big on water rides which IOA has a lot of. I’ve also been on Spider-Man before at USJ. Can’t see my group being willing to do the wait for Hagrid (none of us are Potter fans). The lack of attractions I’d be interested in at IOA makes me hesitant to spend the extra money to do a park hopper, but on the other hand, I worry day and night at USF might be too much time to spend in one park.

I realize they’re pricey options, but I don’t know when I’ll get the chance to do HHN in Orlando again. It is hard for me to get time off this time of the year. I reluctantly took it this year due to the wedding.

This year will be my first HHN Orlando experience and in fact my first time at Universal Orlando. I’ve done Hollywood several times and had an annual pass for several years. I just happen to be attending a wedding in Orlando in October and between all the events and people wanting to visit WDW, I have one full day available for Universal.

What would my best ticketing option be if my primary goal is to hit each house and do as many rides as possible? One caveat is that I’m ok skipping any rides that also exist in Hollywood. I figure I have 3 options:

1) Day ticket to USF, focus on rides in the morning, S&S, focus on houses and shows at night with express
2) Day ticket to IOA, do as much as possible, walk over to USF for HHN when the event starts with express
3) 2 Park Day ticket, start day in IOA, go over to USF early afternoon and hit a few rides, S&S, focus on houses and shows with express

USF appeals to me slightly more since I’m not too big on water rides which IOA has a lot of. I’ve also been on Spider-Man before at USJ. Can’t see my group being willing to do the wait for Hagrid (none of us are Potter fans). The lack of attractions I’d be interested in at IOA makes me hesitant to spend the extra money to do a park hopper, but on the other hand, I worry day and night at USF might be too much time to spend in one park.

I realize they’re pricey options, but I don’t know when I’ll get the chance to do HHN in Orlando again. It is hard for me to get time off this time of the year. I reluctantly took it this year due to the wedding.

Option 2 is your best choice imo. You will be able to experience the most overall with the least amount of money.

I know the answer to this is probably “no”, but I figured I’d ask anyways. Originally it looked like I was only going to have 2 HHN nights so I bought the BOGO ticket and Express for both nights. Now it appears that I could possibly be able to come two more nights in the season. Is it possible to trade in my BOGO ticket and my two Express tickets for a Frequent Fear Plus with Express and just pay the small difference?

I’m guessing the mistake that I made was buying Express early and I’m betting that I can’t do anything with those now, but if it is possible to put the money I have into those tickets towards the upgrade, I would be overjoyed.

I know the answer to this is probably “no”, but I figured I’d ask anyways. Originally it looked like I was only going to have 2 HHN nights so I bought the BOGO ticket and Express for both nights. Now it appears that I could possibly be able to come two more nights in the season. Is it possible to trade in my BOGO ticket and my two Express tickets for a Frequent Fear Plus with Express and just pay the small difference?

I’m guessing the mistake that I made was buying Express early and I’m betting that I can’t do anything with those now, but if it is possible to put the money I have into those tickets towards the upgrade, I would be overjoyed.

Maybe, but the best option you have is to go to Guest Relations at the parks before you use your tickets and see what they can do.