Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

Haven’t seen this posted anywhere but rumours seem to be circulating that Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges is looking like it will be closed from September through December for a general refurb and to allow for JP expansion work to kick up a notch.

As of yet this has not been confirmed by Universal.

Source: @Alicia
Hearing early Sep through the week of Xmas. It could change, but if it happens, they’ll be taking advantage of the downtime to work on some things that usually get skipped during annual refurnish. So at least it’ll come out better for the downtime.

But yea, thinking this is mainly because of Jurassic Coaster work.

Hearing early Sep through the week of Xmas. It could change, but if it happens, they’ll be taking advantage of the downtime to work on some things that usually get skipped during annual refurnish. So at least it’ll come out better for the downtime.

But yea, thinking this is mainly because of Jurassic Coaster work.

Now confirmed on Universal website:
  • Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges® will be closed for seasonal maintenance, September 3, 2019, through December 22, 2019 and will reopen December 23, 2019
  • Me Ship, The Olive® will be closed for seasonal maintenance, September 3, 2019, through December 22, 2019 and will reopen December 23, 2019.

Now confirmed on Universal website:
  • Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges® will be closed for seasonal maintenance, September 3, 2019, through December 22, 2019 and will reopen December 23, 2019
  • Me Ship, The Olive® will be closed for seasonal maintenance, September 3, 2019, through December 22, 2019 and will reopen December 23, 2019.
The fact that these rides are closing in the fall/Late 2019 instead of Winter/Early 2020 is telling and makes me think that River Adventure could be closing as soon as January for a switch to Jurassic World.

Does seasonal maintenance usually last 4 months? That seems quite long to me. Might it be more involved and relative to the coaster going in so close to the pump area?
Yep that's my assumption. Me Ship, The Olive closing for that long gives away that this is more than just an annual refurb job.