Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And as i've said before, the pavilion should be going in-between Italy and Germany. Here's a visual from WDWNT:
73873CF2-C76C-4DE8-87E7-4E1E5AFF8C7D-1200x898.jpg

WDWNT points to 2022 as the pavilion's opening. Considering the speed at which WDW builds things, I do not have high hopes it will have a ride
They want it ready for the 40th from everything i've heard. Whether that happens or not is another story.

Reactions: SeventyOne
And as i've said before, the pavilion should be going in-between Italy and Germany. Here's a visual from WDWNT:
73873CF2-C76C-4DE8-87E7-4E1E5AFF8C7D-1200x898.jpg

They want it ready for the 40th from everything i've heard. Whether that happens or not is another story.
World Showcase desperately needs a thrill ride. A coaster would be perfect. A Brazilian themed coaster maybe? Yeah, will never happen.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Even without a ride, I assume you have Ohana 2.0--rival Canada for hardest to book--and a caprihana (sp?) bar that will instantly be lifestyler central. Still needs a ride for the general public, but this still would open better than half the other countries.

World Showcase desperately needs a thrill ride. A coaster would be perfect. A Brazilian themed coaster maybe? Yeah, will never happen.

I doubt it happens, but Project Gemini had a rain forest coaster slated for The Land. If Epic Universe has them shook, might dust off the plans.

ETA ...
Maybe they'll dust off that old Rainforest coaster concept from Project Gemini! haha

Get out of my head David Blaine!!!

Reactions: RevFreako
Please don’t bring politics into this it’s so unnecessary.

Right. It's entirely cyclical anyway.

Do we close down China every 6 months then reopen it?

I'd take a Russia pavilion in a heartbeat- regardless of politics.

WDWNT points to 2022 as the pavilion's opening. Considering the speed at which WDW builds things, I do not have high hopes it will have a ride
I think looking at France is a perfect example of a timeline w/ a ride.

Last edited:
The plans that came close to happening would have been pretty stunning...

Wow... how have I never seen that video? I knew it was pretty far along in the process but I didn't know it was that far along. That was 1992 also. Still in the Disney Decade. So what killed it?

Also cool to see Rhode there involved. The show wouldve been great and another small boat ride wouldn't have been the worst thing (albeit redundant w/ Norway and Mexico at the time).

Wow... how have I never seen that video? I knew it was pretty far along in the process but I didn't know it was that far along. That was 1992 also. Still in the Disney Decade. So what killed it?

Also cool to see Rhode there involved. The show wouldve been great and another small boat ride wouldn't have been the worst thing (albeit redundant w/ Norway and Mexico at the time).

I suspect, like much of the Disney Decade, it was torpedoed by the underperformance of EuroDisney.

Reactions: Andysol
Idk, I’m being very cautious and ever so slightly optimistic about a ride coming with this. I know D23 is their crowd, but announcing a pavilion with no ride is sort of like the stink of an announcement the original FLE was at D23 back in one of the first Expos.

Yes, I know I’m a fool for thinking a ride might happen. :lol:

Idk, I’m being very cautious and ever so slightly optimistic about a ride coming with this. I know D23 is their crowd, but announcing a pavilion with no ride is sort of like the stink of an announcement the original FLE was at D23 back in one of the first Expos.

Yes, I know I’m a fool for thinking a ride might happen. :lol:

Could an indoor 360 show count as an "Attraction"? :tease:

I'll be a fool as-well. I honestly cannot see them not having at-least one ride, even if it's a small C/B ticket ride, Epcot needs them.

Reactions: Nick
Could an indoor 360 show count as an "Attraction"? :tease:

I'll be a fool as-well. I honestly cannot see them not having at-least one ride, even if it's a small C/B ticket ride, Epcot needs them.

Yes! Takes people out of the park and puts them in a queue or attraction. Increases guest sat. Etc.
Yeah, I just hope there’s something to take people off the walkway. I also am really wondering about the Christ the redeemer statue. I could see, instead of a full recreation, them having a smaller version that’s in an exhibit (or church, as many pavilions have one) within the area.

Yeah, I just hope there’s something to take people off the walkway. I also am really wondering about the Christ the redeemer statue. I could see, instead of a full recreation, them having a smaller version that’s in an exhibit (or church, as many pavilions have one) within the area.

As much as I..do think it's likely in an exhibit..part of me is kind-of thinking that they might have the redeemer stature out in the public like that, even if it's from forced perspective.

If they are having the Brazil pavilion based more off of Rio; then I think it'd be strange to not see a massive landmark like that absent from the iconography of the land (albeit similar to how other pavilions of Epcot have replicas or depictions of famous landmarks from their respected countries: like France's Eifel Tower, Japan's The Great Torii/Itsukushima Shrine, and Italy's St Mark's Campanile).

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick