Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Concept art for the Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience:
Walt-Disney-Imagineering-presents-the-Epcot-Experience_Full_35930.jpg

This will be in The Odyssey building. Opening in October.

Last edited:
Here's the video they're playing in the Epcot area at D23. Lots of animated concept art.

There are some attempts there to reconcile a new thematic vision for the park, but it still feels pretty muddled. In any case, the new Future World areas look very nice, but -- so far -- it's a lot of gloss and not a lot of substance.

The Fountain of Nations (or something very, very similar) appears to be there, however. Which is not a bad thing by any means.

A preview center?
It's a little early for one for UEU, but preview centers help a lot with building hype. Worked a lot with DCA, It was something DHS was able to utilize and now Epcot.

Say a guest normally comes every 5 years or so, but then they walk into a preview center to see all of this amazing stuff for an entirely NEW PARK. It may make them want to come back sooner. That's the goal with preview centers: entice guests to come back. Right now Epcot is gonna be wall city and a pretty crappy park for awhile so it's gonna need all the enticement it can get. Universal may not need that as much as USF and IOA are both good parks, but still, promoting a brand new park is a big selling point.

Here's the video they're playing in the Epcot area at D23. Lots of animated concept art.

There are some attempts there to reconcile a new thematic vision for the park, but it still feels pretty muddled. In any case, the new Future World areas look very nice, but -- so far -- it's a lot of gloss and not a lot of substance.

The Fountain of Nations (or something very, very similar) appears to be there, however. Which is not a bad thing by any means.

It's not FoN, but it looks like a modern take on it.

Reactions: Andysol
So this is an interesting still I took from the MouseSteps video. In it, you can see the new Festival Center (multi-story building) with a park on the roof, lounge inside and what looks like entertainment lighting for a dance party down below. Off to the right is Imagination with a brand new fountain and greenery (possibly where Moana is going?) and then SSE is out of the picture to the top.
RH6zAjG.jpg

Also, notice that the area below the structure is below ground level. You can tell definitively by taking note of the stairs around the area.

Last edited:
New concept art:
View attachment 10671

Notice on the right hand side where Moana likely is, it seems as if there is an elevated space. Look close:
View attachment 10672

So this is an interesting still I took from the MouseSteps video. In it, you can see the new Festival Center (multi-story building) with a park on the roof, lounge inside and what looks like entertainment lighting for a dance party down below. Off to the right is Imagination with a brand new fountain and greenery (possibly where Moana is going?) and then WS Lagoon is out of the picture to the top.
RH6zAjG.jpg

I’d actually wager that we’re facing the other direction, toward the park entrance. If you look at the overall concept art, that fuchsia path is on the inside of the festival center, and the orange/yellow trees are in front of the Electric Umbrella.

So I’d guess that Spaceship Earth is top center (out of frame) and Moana is top left/center (possibly those palm trees? Or blocked by festival building).

Reactions: belloq87
I’d actually wager that we’re facing the other direction, toward the park entrance. If you look at the overall concept art, that fuchsia path is on the inside of the festival center, and the orange/yellow trees are in front of the Electric Umbrella.

So I’d guess that Spaceship Earth is top center (out of frame) and Moana is top left/center (possibly those palm trees? Or blocked by festival building).
Ah, now that you mention that about the fuchsia path, I definitely agree. And the clump of palm trees could definitely be Moana. That's the only area in this entire side where I see any palm trees.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
I know Disney is super reliant on nostalgia, but it's super weird seeing them put out all the logos and whatnot to try and appease the fans...even though what they're putting in is a clear departure from what the park once was.

Reactions: belloq87
I know Disney is super reliant on nostalgia, but it's super weird seeing them put out all the logos and whatnot to try and appease the fans...even though what they're putting in is a clear departure from what the park once was.
At the very least, I like that they're creating new logos for things like GotG, Play & a few others I believe. Rolling out the logos for attractions that don't exist anymore is where it gets to be a bit too "appeasing the fans-ish", but I like the idea of continuing to create new logos for new attractions/pavilions.

Reactions: shiekra38