Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

Its believed that Rise of Resistance in Galaxy's Edge is delayed to spread crowds out, is that the same cast for this attraction? Or is it truly delayed due to technical glitches?
The thought is that it was sort of an all hands on deck situation to finish SWGE on time, so they moved crews from here and RotR to help speed things up. There has been no rumor about technical glitches with this attraction as of now, although with it relying on wifi like RotR, i'm sure some will pop up. That's the nature of trackless rides.

On the latest episode of The Disney Dish Podcast, Jim Hill says Runaway Railway "may arrive in the same window of time" as the O Canada update at Epcot, which Len Testa currently pegs as mid January.

I think January's a really weird time to try to open a major attraction (because wouldn't you just try to get it open a month earlier for the holiday crowds?), but we'll see what happens.

Given that I'm going in late January, I'd obviously love for this to be true. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

On the latest episode of The Disney Dish Podcast, Jim Hill says Runaway Railway "may arrive in the same window of time" as the O Canada update at Epcot, which Len Testa currently pegs as mid January.

I think January's a really weird time to try to open a major attraction (because wouldn't you just try to get it open a month earlier for the holiday crowds?), but we'll see what happens.

Given that I'm going in late January, I'd obviously love for this to be true. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'll be there last week of January/first week of February as well. Fingers crossed!

Wouldn't be surprised if they rush this one a tiny bit so they can make sure they get crowds soon incase Star Wars isn't as big here as they think like its been in Disneyland. Different parks so I don't expect it to be that bad here but I could see them ramping this one up a bit. Excited for this one!

This attraction has gone from one I was actively resenting upon its announcement... to one I'm legitimately disappointed I'll be missing when I'm on my next trip in January. I think I now have higher expectations for this than for Rise of the Resistance!

This attraction has gone from one I was actively resenting upon its announcement... to one I'm legitimately disappointed I'll be missing when I'm on my next trip in January. I think I now have higher expectations for this than for Rise of the Resistance!
I've always anticipated this attraction, more than either SW attractions. I think this is going to be a monster demand ride.

I’m really hopeful for this ride as it’s replacing a pretty popular attraction. I think that since it’s based around the Mickey cartoons, the creative team can get really inventive and fun. It seems to have a lot of potential.

Didn't think so. Skibum said he wished they'd try it without. They are.

I'm VERY interested to see the waits.

Although Disney has sunk way too much money inot FP+ to ever admit how stupid of an idea it was, and how it hurts the casual/once in a lifetime visitors MUCH more than the APers and yearly visitors.

Didn't think so. Skibum said he wished they'd try it without. They are.

I'm VERY interested to see the waits.

Although Disney has sunk way too much money inot FP+ to ever admit how stupid of an idea it was, and how it hurts the casual/once in a lifetime visitors MUCH more than the APers and yearly visitors.

I think it's telling that all the execs associated with it are all gone and it hasn't spread to any other resort.

I think it's telling that all the execs associated with it are all gone and it hasn't spread to any other resort.
Once again regardless of how MM/FP+ was viewed by Disney at the time it has actually been a home run for the parks. They got all the data they needed to gouge guests on prices at every level. No one can look at the prices back in 2013 and constant increases beyond inflation and tell me it wasn't worth the money disney spent on this.

The reason they haven't rolled this out to other resorts is because they have the data from this program to know they can straight up charge for fast passes now or can just make it an app thing.