Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It really is unfortunate how late it’s announced. There is no reason to only give a 10 day notice of a planned multi month closure.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
It really is unfortunate how late it’s announced. There is no reason to only give a 10 day notice of a planned multi month closure.
I posted it on my Twitter as soon as I think it may have been decided. This was kind of a last minute decision. It might have just taken the last few days to get approved maybe? It’s not the regular time for the ride’s annual maintenance after all.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I posted it on my Twitter as soon as I think it may have been decided. This was kind of a last minute decision. It might have just taken the last few days to get approved maybe? It’s not the regular time for the ride’s annual maintenance after all.

I just don't understand the timing or the rush.

I just don't understand the timing or the rush.

Easy. The timing is you have a project next door about to kick up in construction. Better to do the work during the slower/colder season and get a jump start instead of its closure impacting a busier season; especially when the heat comes back and the water rides become prime time rides.

Easy. The timing is you have a project next door about to kick up in construction. Better to do the work during the slower/colder season and get a jump start instead of its closure impacting a busier season; especially when the heat comes back and the water rides become prime time rides.

Well, not really.

It's going to reopen just before Christmas when it's going to have far less riders in the colder season. Why not push it back a month or two from October/November into January/February. September is still a warm and busy month. December is just busy.

If we're still talking about 2021 for the coaster opening, I don't see the rush.

Well, not really.

It's going to reopen just before Christmas when it's going to have far less riders in the colder season. Why not push it back a month or two from October/November into January/February. September is still a warm and busy month. December is just busy.

If we're still talking about 2021 for the coaster opening, I don't see the rush.

September is dead after Labor Day, save for HHN. 2021 isn't that far off anymore.

Well, not really.

Early 2021. Unless you want it to be a late 2021 attraction. :)

they will be showing Popeye some love, and will be fixing things they’ve been skipping during annual refurbs in recent years.
Hopefully they add back Popeye & Bluto fighting over Olive (after the first turn of Hurricane River: the spot where they were is easily visible from the path to the lockers), unless there was a particular reason for why that was removed.

Actually, apparently there’s more wrong with Popeye than I realized. This downtime may have been needed even if they weren’t doing the Jurassic work nearby. Good timing for both.
Huh, how about that! I wonder if once Popeye goes back up, Dudley could get an extended refurb..

Reactions: Mike S