Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

I loved the Great Movie ride. One of our favs. But Mickie & Minnie looks so good, I'm no longer bothered that they closed the Great Movie Ride for this. The only issue is that it will probably be so popular, it'll be hard to get on, even with good capacity.

Once again regardless of how MM/FP+ was viewed by Disney at the time it has actually been a home run for the parks. They got all the data they needed to gouge guests on prices at every level. No one can look at the prices back in 2013 and constant increases beyond inflation and tell me it wasn't worth the money disney spent on this.

The reason they haven't rolled this out to other resorts is because they have the data from this program to know they can straight up charge for fast passes now or can just make it an app thing.
They have rolled bits and pieces of this out to other resorts. Hell, MaxPass is almost a carbon copy of FP+, but it's just day of. They adjusted for what Anaheim/locals would respond to best rather than forcing MM+ in there. The MagicBand part with all the touchpoints is VERY expensive. The WDW app has gotten pretty good imo, especially with little things they've added like estimated bus times, etc if you're staying at a Disney hotel.

I loved the Great Movie ride. One of our favs. But Mickie & Minnie looks so good, I'm no longer bothered that they closed the Great Movie Ride for this. The only issue is that it will probably be so popular, it'll be hard to get on, even with good capacity.
The good thing is DHS may only have 9 rides after this ride, but almost all of them are extremely popular. That should hopefully make so not everyone is running to the same attraction, especially with DHS having so many new ones.

They have rolled bits and pieces of this out to other resorts. Hell, MaxPass is almost a carbon copy of FP+, but it's just day of. They adjusted for what Anaheim/locals would respond to best rather than forcing MM+ in there. The MagicBand part with all the touchpoints is VERY expensive. The WDW app has gotten pretty good imo, especially with little things they've added like estimated bus times, etc if you're staying at a Disney hotel.

Yeah no, MaxPass is a totally different infrastructure build out. When we talk about bringing to other resorts we mean literally taking all the custom build software, hardware, and tech and putting it in the other resorts just like they did for FastPass. Instead Disneyland realized how much of a pain MDX/FP+ is and went a different route, not something you'd do if MDX was a success.

Yeah no, MaxPass is a totally different infrastructure build out. When we talk about bringing to other resorts we mean literally taking all the custom build software, hardware, and tech and putting it in the other resorts just like they did for FastPass. Instead Disneyland realized how much of a pain MDX/FP+ is and went a different route, not something you'd do if MDX was a success.
I’m not saying MDX was a success at all. As I think the Fastpass-less SWGE rides will prove, rides perform better without FastPass at all. It was a big infrastructure improvement so I’ll always have that to say about MDX, but the system makes traveling to the resort much more of a pain than it needs to be.

I’m not saying MDX was a success at all. As I think the Fastpass-less SWGE rides will prove, rides perform better without FastPass at all. It was a big infrastructure improvement so I’ll always have that to say about MDX, but the system makes traveling to the resort much more of a pain than it needs to be.

Well then I have no idea what you're saying. :tease:

Going to enjoy this ride far more than I ever did the Great Movie Ride. Really excited for it to open.

This is an interesting take to read now when you think back to how annoyed people were.

For the most part, Disney have nailed the rides they have replaced recently.

WDW needed FP+ more, as they had the worst guest increases to rides available of any resort.

TDL is pretty bad, and runs out of FPs around noon, but they keep building big rides, and ADDING capacity.

Instead of adding capacity, WDW decided to ration rides, and add minimal new rides for 19 years, sometimes just replacing others. They got away with it for a while, but the problem festered, and grew until they faced a crisis, and had to announce ridiculous amounts of investment two years ago at the last D23. And maybe a ton more investment announced today.

Both facades look great and i'm very positive about the ride. They only said 2020 about this and Summer on Rat so i'm gonna guess this ride may have been pushed back to fall almost? Unless this opens before Rat.

Both facades look great and i'm very positive about the ride. They only said 2020 about this and Summer on Rat so i'm gonna guess this ride may have been pushed back to fall almost? Unless this opens before Rat.
If this opens in Spring, they would’ve said Spring. There’s no way it’s opening before Rat.

I’m thinking it’ll open Fall with the possibility of opening in early Winter if they can’t figure out the bugs by then.

A Fall 2020 opening would be pretty stunning, considering it was originally meant for late Summer/early Fall of 2019!
Well, if. it's all true that workers from MMRR got sent to SWGE to finish it quickly, then it does at least make some sense. They fell behind drastically on MMRR because they wanted to get SWGE open. And who knows if those workers are even going directly back to MMRR or if they're going to help with RotR.

The shifting of workers, if true, is really what seems like a very plausible reason for a delay.