Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would probably cost a ton of money to overlay the the whole land all at once so I can see them waiting to see how the next movie does.
With the new park coming, the story is they could’ve had the River Ride re-do -OR- the new ride. And they choose the new ride. Sure, they could always re-do RA to JW later, but I’d be happy to see both coasts have different offerings to be honest.

With the new park coming, the story is they could’ve had the River Ride re-do -OR- the new ride. And they choose the new ride. Sure, they could always re-do RA to JW later, but I’d be happy to see both coasts have different offerings to be honest.

That’s my thinking. It would be nice but the money could be better spent.

Hopefully we will still get a much needed overhaul of the River Adventure ride though, while keeping the JP theme. Desperately needs new AA's.
I’d love for them to rip out the Psittacosaurs and put, literally anything from the films there. ANYTHING. Complete waste of space if you ask me.

The stegosaurs were looking good last time I rode. Raptors, not so much.

The view of construction is now really good of the back of Popeye & Blutos from the queue of Pteranodon Flyers (and the ride itself is completely open to the construction on the return side now). For those hunting for photos once Me Ship the Olive closes).

See, this is one of my concerns about EU. While I'm glad that the ride itself isn't being changed to the one in Hollywood, it would be nice to see some maintenance on the AAs. I'm hoping they don't neglect US and IOA as they obviously focus on EU.
Our annual refurbs of River Adventure keep the AAs in a whole heck of better shape than Hollywood’s had in recent years. The ride in Orlando is not even close to needing as much attention as theirs was. At least we even still have all our AAs. Once they start removing dinos and never replacing them I’d get a little upset about the current state.

Our annual refurbs of River Adventure keep the AAs in a whole heck of better shape than Hollywood’s had in recent years. The ride in Orlando is not even close to needing as much attention as theirs was. At least we even still have all our AAs. Once they start removing dinos and never replacing them I’d get a little upset about the current state.

Yeah I was quite pleased to see the raptor crate dropping again.

Yeah Orlando greatly needs ride capacity. I always will take new rides over redos/replacements if space allows. Disney does a terrible job in Orlando these days on adding capacity since their whole system is geared towards pushing more days on tickets and stays. I really hope universal keeps adding some "cheaper" but good rides to the mix that make smart use of space as a way to differentiate themselves. It looks like the new park is going to be built with this in mind. The current JP ride is still great as long at they maintain it. I'm much less likely to renew if they decided to use the money on the retheme while having no money to build another attraction.

Yeah Orlando greatly needs ride capacity. I always will take new rides over redos/replacements if space allows. Disney does a terrible job in Orlando these days on adding capacity since their whole system is geared towards pushing more days on tickets and stays. I really hope universal keeps adding some "cheaper" but good rides to the mix that make smart use of space as a way to differentiate themselves. It looks like the new park is going to be built with this in mind. The current JP ride is still great as long at they maintain it. I'm much less likely to renew if they decided to use the money on the retheme while having no money to build another attraction.
Disney and Uni are not amusement parks. They have more to offer than just cheap rides. I understand capacity but your asking for more Pixar Piers if you view the parks that way. DCA is a another great example of building something fast and cheap and then having to repair it.

Disney and Uni are not amusement parks. They have more to offer than just cheap rides. I understand capacity but your asking for more Pixar Piers if you view the parks that way. DCA is a another great example of building something fast and cheap and then having to repair it.
Nah DCA ain't it at all. I'm talking about being smart with the money when you have space to work with and a good mix of rides. They had limited space and were doing the Disney thing of trying to sell a park at a price that wasn't worth that price and under built. You build a number of E tickets for say 150 million per ride and build 3 amazing coasters at an expensive 50 million per coaster I am way more likely to go to your park vs that 1 more 150 million dollar ride and another 2-3 hours in line. Cedar point gets pretty good value out of cheaper rides without being a joke. Universal does not seem like they are building the new park on the cheap where they will need to redo anything just a few years after opening. They have the room to build expensive rides and cheaper ones where it makes sense.

That's my choice too. The redo for Hollywood was a good thing since they had serious outdoor sight line issues that ruined the immersion. JPRA IOA is a great attraction that utilizes it's outdoor section very well. A nice refurb is about all it needs. They reskin the outdoor AA's every February so it's in pretty good shape until the last couple months of every year when it's crying for a reskin again. Jurassic Park, with all it's acreage, really needed another major attraction anyway. So this is the better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.