D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's the percentage chance THE NEW MUTANTS even gets name-dropped?

I'll put it at 5%.
I still think it's just gonna be a hulu movie rather than spending money to market this movie. I just really hope they mention Ryan Reynolds' potential franchise starter FREE GUY. Disney's giving it the July 4th spot next year so they believe in it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The only upside of that (NEW MUTANTS going to streaming) is that we're probably going to get to see whatever the original conception of the movie was, for good or bad. We're not going to be seeing something that's been reshot to death.

The only upside of that (NEW MUTANTS going to streaming) is that we're probably going to get to see whatever the original conception of the movie was, for good or bad. We're not going to be seeing something that's been reshot to death.
We'll see. Disney still may end up releasing it in theaters, but the question is do they really want to damage the x-men brand even more than Dark Phoenix did?

Reactions: RevFreako
Movie panel starts in roughly 15 minutes. Is scheduled to last 2 hours. There's a Simpsons panel at the same time. Gotta think a we'll be getting a Rise of Skywalker trailer and possibly even a Black Widow teaser. Also expecting more of the Marvel Phase 4 slate to be revealed seeing as I believe the slate now goes into 2022 with the new Disney+ shows announced yesterday.

Last edited:
In the absence of an actual live stream, can anybody here recommend any sites or Twitter profiles that we know will be live blogging/tweeting the parks panel in real time tomorrow?

Attractions and Blog Mickey are good choices.
Attractions has been doing amazing live-streams. I’ll have to check Blog Mickey too.

I find it so weird which panels Disney chose to livestream. They didn’t livestream any of the big ones. The Rock on a Jungle Cruise book would be a big viral hit if Disney let it.

It’s not a technology thing. YouTube can easily host D23 live-streams.

Attractions has been doing amazing live-streams. I’ll have to check Blog Mickey too.

I find it so weird which panels Disney chose to livestream. They didn’t livestream any of the big ones. The Rock on a Jungle Cruise book would be a big viral hit if Disney let it.

It’s not a technology thing. YouTube can easily host D23 live-streams.
The thing is, conventions like this don't typically like to stream the big panels. This isn't exclusive to D23, but all pop culture conventions. Conventions know fans want to see panels streamed, but at the same time, there has to be that incentive to actually come to the convention. I think SDCC worries that if they stream Hall H presentations or Disney worries about streaming Hall D23 presentations for that very reason. If all of a sudden these special presentations are streamed so anyone can watch it anywhere in the world, it makes it less special and less personal. In turn, the insane fight to get in that hall lessens (with Disney, that fight means spending thousands on a Sorcerer's pass, which guarantees entry to every panel).

It's just a slippery slope once you start streaming everything.

Parks panel not being stream tho is the epitome of dumb. They allow filming and photos in it, so just... do it?
Yeah, I agree on that. If you're gonna allow the members of the audience film then you should stream. Those should be the general guidelines for any convention. If it's a no phones presentation, then no streaming makes sense. But i'm gonna be able to watch the parks presentation from Attractions Magazine or someone like that so why not just stream it?

Reactions: LieutLaww and Ryan