Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

I'd much rather the U.K. attraction be a ride -- even an A/B-ticket like a carousel -- than some kind of an "experience."

And really, if they want an Alice tie-in, how expensive would it really be to clone Disneyland's dark ride? Surely a drop in the bucket relative to the overall budget of this Epcot makeover.
There’s already a tea garden behind the Twinnings store. My guess/Hope is this is that little area utilized better.

That would still leave room at the back of the pavilion for a Poppins flat ride.

\
There’s already a tea garden behind the Twinnings store. My guess/Hope is this is that little area utilized better.

That would still leave room at the back of the pavilion for a Poppins flat ride.
As much as I like the sound of having both Poppins and Alice rides there... I think you and me both know Disney's likely gonna pick one of the two and abuse it. Like with Alice, they can have the ride and do a bunch of dining things themed to Alice as well (like was seen in that art). It becomes easy ROI as even a custom carousel will cost them very little money.

\
As much as I like the sound of having both Poppins and Alice rides there... I think you and me both know Disney's likely gonna pick one of the two and abuse it. Like with Alice, they can have the ride and do a bunch of dining things themed to Alice as well (like was seen in that art). It becomes easy ROI as even a custom carousel will cost them very little money.
Id stake 100 dollars. There’s no way they’re building an Alice ride. That concept tells me they’re lightly theming a garden area to bring in a new gymnastics show.

I'd much rather the U.K. attraction be a ride -- even an A/B-ticket like a carousel -- than some kind of an "experience."

And really, if they want an Alice tie-in, how expensive would it really be to clone Disneyland's dark ride? Surely a drop in the bucket relative to the overall budget of this Epcot makeover.

Have you been on the one in DL? It's such a weird, hybrid ride that is custom fit for that location that they would either waste a ton of money on exactly replicating it or they'd spend the same amount of money on redesigning the layout, buildings, and etc.

Have you been on the one in DL? It's such a weird, hybrid ride that is custom fit for that location that they would either waste a ton of money on exactly replicating it or they'd spend the same amount of money on redesigning the layout, buildings, and etc.
It’s a great little ride though. I agree though, it’s not really a ride that can be cloned.

Not to mention all of the OSHA tweaking that had to be done with it (granted Florida's is less strict, but still).

So are we expecting a ride or just that dumb hedge maze from Shanghai?

• Phase 1: Hedge
  • Phase 2: Carousel (6 months after opening of hedge)

Joking aside, I agree with others that any additional ride is welcome, and the UK is pretty dead so needs something to add kinetic energy.

Weird that it cut my message off.

Cool, though!

If it's Poppins at the very least they should add Cherry Tree Lane but whatever.
I'd love it if they added a recreation of Cherry Tree Lane, but I don't think Disney will do it as Poppins doesn't move merch.

I'd love it if they added a recreation of Cherry Tree Lane, but I don't think Disney will do it as Poppins doesn't move merch.

EC1jJMpUUAExdu4

If they're spending all the money required for a new mini-land, only to deliver no ride, I think they'll be misspending the money.

I'd much rather have a ride (even a carousel) without Cherry Tree Lane, than have Cherry Tree Lane and nothing of much substance in there.

I think this is an indoor spinner/carousel ride with lots of special effects.

I don’t think it’s anything bigger because Disney lists it as part of the 50th celebration and they are not going to build a significant new dark ride and new street in 2 years.

Last edited:
The Parks Blog blurb about this reads as follows:
"The United Kingdom pavilion will welcome the first attraction inspired by Mary Poppins. You will step in time down Cherry Tree Lane past Admiral Boom’s house, then enter Number 17, home of the Banks family, where your adventure will begin." Bolded emphasis mine.

I know it's all PR-speak, but if they're calling it an "adventure," I would hope it's something more exciting than a meet-and-greet.