Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Even if it’s happening, Disney can’t announce the Brazil pavilion at D23. The subject is simply too toxic right now.

If they announce the pavilion at D23, that’s the headline of the entire convention. It will drown out all of the other theme park news, all of the studio news and all of the Disney+ news.

Even if it’s happening, Disney can’t announce the Brazil pavilion at D23. The subject is simply too toxic right now.

If they announce the pavilion at D23, that’s the headline of the entire convention. It will drown out all of the other theme park news, all of the studio news and all of the Disney+ news.
But they can and they likely will. Hell, Brazil was almost announced last D23.

It's happening and Disney's going to have to take the lumping.

EDIT: Here are my predicts with Epcot

-Obviously addressing the new core
-New logos, explaining what the heck each are
-Catching up on previously announced projects: Rat, GotG, the new films, Space restaurant, Play!, Illuminations redo
-Brazil pavilion
-SSE redo
-UK expansion
-Coco show in a new Mexico theater
-Seas updated to Marine Life Institute from Finding Dory
-SOME sort of Imagination update, I know most people are cautious but I'll put money on it right now. Could get burned for doing so idk, but last D23 was filled with unexpected moments

The only thing is that Epcot is about to become the park of pure walls, and that has me hesitant on how many projects they may try to accomplish, but this is a multi-year deal?

Last edited:
The only thing is that Epcot is about to become the park of pure walls, and that has me hesitant on how many projects they may try to accomplish, but this is a multi-year deal?
Walls mean progress so bring on the walls! Epcot is going to be a much better park than it has been far about 30 years once this is all completed, but as @Alicia said, I don't think we have another major ride being announced tomorrow for the park, unless Imagination is announced. Imagination could turn back into a great ride if they do it right. Still, it wouldn't be an addition.

Either way, by 2022/23, this is gonna be a *radically* different park from 2017

If they did an Imagination rehaul, and it's every bit as good as it could possibly be, I'd be hard-pressed not to consider that a win.

But I'm sure many cynics would (probably rightfully) call that idea too good to be true.

It's happening and Disney's going to have to take the lumping.

EDIT: Here are my predicts with Epcot

-Obviously addressing the new core
-New logos, explaining what the heck each are
-Catching up on previously announced projects: Rat, GotG, the new films, Space restaurant, Play!, Illuminations redo
-Brazil pavilion
-SSE redo
-UK expansion
-Coco show in a new Mexico theater
-Seas updated to Marine Life Institute from Finding Dory
-SOME sort of Imagination update, I know most people are cautious but I'll put money on it right now. Could get burned for doing so idk, but last D23 was filled with unexpected moments

All these things sound fantastic. But to be completely honest with you all I ever wanted was more rides in world showcase. World Showcase has always been my favorite section of this park and it’s so underused! I really hope that the rumored Brazil pavilion brings a new ride.

Even if they “brought back” the original Imagination ride, it would be more than a third shorter. There’s no way they’d bring back the missing track sections and change the first floor layout back to its original configuration.

One day, that ride will likely get re-tracked, in the same shape it is now, but with a new Figment ride that’s more whimsical and less office sterile... but I would never say the original is coming back.

Even if they “brought back” the original Imagination ride, it would be more than a third shorter. There’s no way they’d bring back the missing track sections and change the first floor layout back to its original configuration.

One day, that ride will likely get re-tracked, in the same shape it is now, but with a new Figment ride that’s more whimsical and less office sterile... but I would never say the original is coming back.

I say it's more likely they gut the track and make it trackless than anything.

I'm also gonna guess the Future World name is gonna go today. Mostly just a guess, but I wouldn't mind seeing something a little bit more... appropriate... in there for the name of the land. Plus, FW is split into Neighborhoods now.

I say it's more likely they gut the track and make it trackless than anything.
These are the rumors.

I'm also gonna guess the Future World name is gonna go today. Mostly just a guess, but I wouldn't mind seeing something a little bit more... appropriate... in there for the name of the land. Plus, FW is split into Neighborhoods now.
“Discovery Village” plz

These are the rumors.
Mister Rogers Neighborhood? :)..."It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood "

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Amazon being burned and/or the fascist leader of Brazil (he basically told the world to not interfere with the Amazon burning which is a big yikes)