Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 642 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They reskin the outdoor AA's every February so it's in pretty good shape until the last couple months of every year when it's crying for a reskin again.
Even with new skins, the mechanics of basically every animatronic but Rexy are in need of a redo. The ultrasaur is in embarrassing shape, and the raptors are abysmal. I second @Alicia's opinion on the psittocasaurs needing to go too. If they want synergy with the franchise, plop a couple of dimorphodons down. It'd be cool if they kept the ultrasaurs from USH and added to the lagoon, but that is some ultra-wishful thinking.

Even with new skins, the mechanics of basically every animatronic but Rexy are in need of a redo. The ultrasaur is in embarrassing shape, and the raptors are abysmal. I second @Alicia's opinion on the psittocasaurs needing to go too. If they want synergy with the franchise, plop a couple of dimorphodons down. It'd be cool if they kept the ultrasaurs from USH and added to the lagoon, but that is some ultra-wishful thinking.
Lets be honest, that ultrasaur never looked good.

so I can see them waiting to see how the next movie does.

Do they really need to wait though? It has dinosaurs and Chris Pratt? $1B+

With the new park coming, the story is they could’ve had the River Ride re-do -OR- the new ride. And they choose the new ride. Sure, they could always re-do RA to JW later, but I’d be happy to see both coasts have different offerings to be honest.

That’s a no brained trade off. Truthfully, I’m more than fine with no redo of JPRA w/ the enclosure. But it is odd to me that they wouldn’t at least change the colors to better represent JW and bring cohesiveness to the land.

Do they really need to wait though? It has dinosaurs and Chris Pratt? $1B+

That’s a no brained trade off. Truthfully, I’m more than fine with no redo of JPRA w/ the enclosure. But it is odd to me that they wouldn’t at least change the colors to better represent JW and bring cohesiveness to the land.

Let’s be honest. The movie is probably going to suck, it’s highly unlikely that it will be good but it will continue the brand and still sell a ton of tickets and merchandise.

With insiders hearing that there will be no JWRA redo, does this mean that the walking areas will not be revamped? I am ok with waiting for a JPRA renovation if they put some effort toward revitalizing the surrounding areas. For example, creating a really nice raptors encounter that visually connects with the coaster area or adding more dinosaur meet & greets. Should we only expect the coaster and the exterior additions related to the coaster?

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
With insiders hearing that there will be no JWRA redo, does this mean that the walking areas will not be revamped? I am ok with waiting for a JPRA renovation if they put some effort toward revitalizing the surrounding areas. For example, creating a really nice raptors encounter that visually connects with the coaster area or adding more dinosaur meet & greets. Should we only expect the coaster and the exterior additions related to the coaster?
The path across from JPRA where Coaster will be will look great, with new electric fences and structures that will connect to a new modernized and large Raptor Encounter. Pretty much the entire Triceratops Trail area will be refreshed and look amazing from inside the park, rather than just trees and dead zones. And the new waterfront area should be fresh and clean too.

Here’s hoping they bring in the new dinos too!

Btw, anyone check out the bypass bridge this week. Is it closed for non-seasonal Time now yet?

The path across from JPRA where Coaster will be will look great, with new electric fences and structures that will connect to a new modernized and large Raptor Encounter. Pretty much the entire Triceratops Trail area will be refreshed and look amazing from inside the park, rather than just trees and dead zones.

To the best of your knowledge, do plans call for a buffer of (hopefully dense) foliage between the fences and the coaster behind them? Or is this going to be a more industrial -- rather than jungle -- look?

Reactions: Andysol
Am I the only one that takes issue with a JW themed attraction existing in JP? Guess they already crossed that line with Blue at Raptor Encounter. But still, a whole JW themed attraction while JPRA is still operating in its current state? Please don’t say it’s true.

Also, I’d like to see Goldblum in this attraction over Pratt.

Both. Depending on the part of the ride. Jungle and industrial.
I'm probably in the minority here but I enjoyed the seclusion and dead zones in JP. It didn't feel crammed and made you feel like you were secluded on an island. While I'm excited for the coaster I will deeply miss the jungle feel :/ All the additions around JP have ruined the island vibe. They should've placed the coaster where Kong is. (Or Jeep/Gyro ride). I feel like Universal has lost touch in what makes JP magical. First it was Potter, next it was the terrible games, then it was Kong and the removal of the arch, and finally the deforestation of the island and losing the beautiful waterfront view. Now we'll have some ugly coaster tracks in front of the discovery center. Hopefully it won't be an eyesore like Japan's JP coaster. The best part of JP was to sit and relax. It made you feel like you weren't in a theme park but actually in JP. The meshing of the franchises, in my opinion, hurts the story of the island itself. It feels thrown together and lazy instead of immersive. Either do a full conversion or make the coaster JP with JP color schemes and themes. Don't screw up the island more than they already have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.