Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

I don't hate the basic idea. You can see they're trying to make it all make sense. I don't know what about Guardians will involve the idea of "Discovery," (I suspect nothing!) or why Imagination falls into "Nature," but an attempt is being made to give some semblance of cohesion to the former Future World.

I don't hate the basic idea. You can see they're trying to make it all make sense. I don't know what about Guardians will involve the idea of "Discovery," (I suspect nothing!) or why Imagination falls into "Nature," but an attempt is being made to give some semblance of cohesion to the former Future World.
It looks like Imagination! is a part of World Celebration.

It’s human “nature” for us to have big “imaginations.” That’s how Disney will spin it.

Yeah this is where I am too, there's an ok idea here with the new districts but they're already betraying the concept of them on day one so I don't know what to think.

We're all in agreement that these places are just gonna be referred to as Discovery, Celebration and Nature, right? :lol:
WORLD showcase
world DISCOVERY
world CELEBRATION
world NATURE

They tried to make it congruent, but 1 of them the first word is the main one, and the other three the second word is important. Feels janky to me. But whatevs.

I like it.
img_5606.jpg

Well, that presentation really didn't serve up what I was hoping for. Most of it was stuff we already knew and/or previously announced. As for the new stuff...

Mary Poppins. This is a lone exception, I'll certainly take this for sure. Too bad they really skimmed over this announcement.

As for the renaming/formations of the neighborhoods,

Yeah this is where I am too, there's an ok idea here with the new districts but they're already betraying the concept of them on day one so I don't know what to think.

...I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm fine with the idea, though when certain parts don't fit the neighborhood you're placing it in, it's not a good sign. Much like one of the new Epcot posters being one of the neighborhoods.

The Walt Disney Statue. This is the first W.D. statue which I legitimately don't like. The park we got was never like his actual vision, nor what it is now. This feels like pandering/back-patting at it's worst for me.

SSE 5.0. While I'm not a fan of the current version, it just needs a few tweaks such as a actual ending and a better script, all of which is completely doable. With what was teased/shown, I think a lot of us are hoping they prove our fears wrong, myself included. But that concept art is just so on-the-nose to Moana...