Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Off at 9:25, HOLY CRAP THAT WAS EVEN BETTER THAN I COULD EVER HAVE IMAGINED!! So intense!!!!

Unfortunately, me. I have my a7riii with me to provide pictures for you all :) but it caused us to lose about the same number of people that were already in front of us, to go ahead of us while we waited.

Right on schedule

View attachment 10699
Good to see your priorities are still in the right place. :):lol:

Only had 1 day - yesterday - to visit both parks (with unlimited passes), got early admission with RPR and rode everything we wanted in both parks, saving Hagrid's for last. We got in the queue about 3:45pm, quickly walked to Hagrid's Hut, where the line came to a screeching halt, and would inch up every few minutes. We did this inching thing for every bit of 90 minutes before finally getting close enough to see the motorbikes. From here, the line went very quickly and we were on and off the ride by 5:30pm. The estimated wait was 150 minutes, so we didn't wait the whole estimated time, but only by a few minutes. Oh, and we absolutely saved the best for last.

Only had 1 day - yesterday - to visit both parks (with unlimited passes), got early admission with RPR and rode everything we wanted in both parks, saving Hagrid's for last. We got in the queue about 3:45pm, quickly walked to Hagrid's Hut, where the line came to a screeching halt, and would inch up every few minutes. We did this inching thing for every bit of 90 minutes before finally getting close enough to see the motorbikes. From here, the line went very quickly and we were on and off the ride by 5:30pm. The estimated wait was 150 minutes, so we didn't wait the whole estimated time, but only by a few minutes. Oh, and we absolutely saved the best for last.
Welcome to the IU Forum. :thumbsup:

Got to Hagrids around 5, it was delayed. Waited 20 minutes and it opened. Went in the single ride line and got on immediately. Decided to go for a second time and went in the regular line, wait was posted at 120 minutes. The pre-show was running and the line started at the back of the egg room. Line moved slow but steady due to a low number of trains. Was on track to be a 45 to an hour wait until there was a brief delay which turned to an extended totaling 30 minutes. But hey, I got a sunset ride!!!!

Three notes from today:
  • Both rides had a slight pause between the short thestral scene and the first launch with the audio awkwardly stopping between the two. The audio for the scene is starting too early.
  • The black and white pole with the Hogsmeade sign has been replaced with a pile of gear and a lantern(or maybe I’m blind).
  • Fog blast is still MIA from the Skrewt scene. However there was a trace amount of fog in the crates behind the skrewt. Also the Skrewt scent was very faint today. All other fog effects worked great.

Flying over from the UK tomorrow and I can't believe I'll be riding Hagrid in 2 days (fingers crossed). Seems like the best time to arrive at the park is still around 7:45 as long as there was no rain the night before?
Yup, and there most likely won't be anyone in the middle "turnstiles" aka the mobile ones where the gate is, so line up behind there even if there isn't an attendant. We were first in line at the turnstiles but ended up a good 30-40 trains back due to the amount of people running, either way we were off within like 20-25 minutes.

7:40 arrival and no one in middle turnstiles, first in line.
Can’t tell from pics, but did you go Middle turnstile or was that just a pic of saying no one in middle turnstile?

Pure joy

View attachment 10700

Yes, it’s hot I know.
That sweaty by 9:30am. :lol: And 95 already on that Apple Watch. Hot and humid.
The sheer look of excitement in your phase and your (I assume) significant other’s Look of total fear. Hah

Glad you had a good time Joel.

We got in line today around 2:30 and got off the ride by 3:21. Posted wait time was 120 minutes. Around 2:00 the posted wait was down to 90 minutes but we were over by the Hulk and couldn’t get there fast enough.

Rides down right now. Went down about 20 minutes ago. We were second group from getting on. Trains haven’t been cycling. Team members walking very quickly. Announcement about 5 minutes ago saying our experience cannot continue at this time.

Edit: I think because we’re so close, we heard the message for the people physically on the ride. The queue has not been emptied.

Last edited:
Can’t tell from pics, but did you go Middle turnstile or was that just a pic of saying no one in middle turnstile?

That sweaty by 9:30am. :lol: And 95 already on that Apple Watch. Hot and humid.
The sheer look of excitement in your phase and your (I assume) significant other’s Look of total fear. Hah

Glad you had a good time Joel.

We went to the middle turnstiles and no-one was queueing up to them at that point. we had an awesome time!