Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harmonious

I'm more excited for Epcot Forever than for this but I'm sure it'll be incredible too. Really surprised at just how limited Forever will be.. how very Disneyland of them.

I'm more excited for Epcot Forever than for this but I'm sure it'll be incredible too. Really surprised at just how limited Forever will be.. how very Disneyland of them.
Originally there wasn't going to be a fireworks show in between shows. Once they realized how long it was going to be in between, they decided they had to at least throw something out there to keep people happy at the end of the night.

But yeah, Epcot Forever is scheduled to go in May with HarmoniUS debuting over Memorial Day Weekend.

I’m happy Epcot is getting a new nighttime show and it seems like Disney is going all out for this one.

Some new concept art. I’m most excited about the torches being featured here. They aren’t on, but you can see them most prominently at the bottom of the art in the foreground.

This also looks very similar to the leaked footage from a while back, and sadly it doesn’t look like there will be drones.
EC80E726-582B-4FD8-A916-F41CBEADD76A.jpeg

I don't think the size of the lake makes it fit for projection. I always had a hard time to make out what was on the globe and the thing was huge. Also there are a limited amount of (non paywall) viewing spots left (if any) so I was hoping most of the action would be only higher up.

I don't think the size of the lake makes it fit for projection. I always had a hard time to make out what was on the globe and the thing was huge. Also there are a limited amount of (non paywall) viewing spots left (if any) so I was hoping most of the action would be only higher up.

I believe the other concept art has the semicircle barges closer to guests, so I’m sure they move around. That should definitely help with visibility.

EDIT: I may have misremembered the first concept art lol. But still, I’d be shocked if they stayed in the center of the lagoon.

My worry with this show is the water screens will be where a lot of the story focus is. And just like Universals Cinematic Spectacular: 100 years; there will be some good places to watch and some terrible places you can't see the main center screen from.

This is a park where people have had their favorite viewing spot for years and that spot might not be a great place to watch from. Causing more crowding in the prime locations most of which will probably be reserved for "Cupcake Viewing Parties" and wasted fastpass viewing.

Thoughts?

My worry with this show is the water screens will be where a lot of the story focus is. And just like Universals Cinematic Spectacular: 100 years; there will be some good places to watch and some terrible places you can't see the main center screen from.

This is a park where people have had their favorite viewing spot for years and that spot might not be a great place to watch from. Causing more crowding in the prime locations most of which will probably be reserved for "Cupcake Viewing Parties" and wasted fastpass viewing.

Thoughts?
I'm hoping there's a lot of emphasis placed on the fireworks, lasers, and the main center barge, similar to Illuminations... I think these smaller screens are kind of like bonus barges, and something additional we didn't get with Reflections of Earth, only having the main one in the middle.

Of course, all I really care about is the fire. And it looks like the fire will be back in this show, so I'm good.

Also, I have to wonder how long it'll take to get that festival center built, because the roof garden of that thing is going to clearly be their next "dessert party" headquarters.