Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

Is that an article from today or a year ago?

Today - just uploaded when the announcement was made.
It’s with the California announcement.

“The action takes place at the El CapiToon theater at Disneyland, where Mickey and Minnie are premiering their newest short, “Perfect Picnic.”Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is also planned to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World Resort in spring 2020.”

Today - just uploaded when the announcement was made.
It’s with the California announcement.

“The action takes place at the El CapiToon theater at Disneyland, where Mickey and Minnie are premiering their newest short, “Perfect Picnic.”Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is also planned to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World Resort in spring 2020.”
I guess excluding “Spring” was just a slip
-up on Bob’s part.

Interesting if it truly ends up being Spring. That would be a flip on what I had previously heard. Rat was supposed to open first with Mickey opening at around Memorial Day. At least that's what they were going for a few months ago.

Interesting if it truly ends up being Spring. That would be a flip on what I had previously heard. Rat was supposed to open first with Mickey opening at around Memorial Day. At least that's what they were going for a few months ago.
Memorial Day is Spring.

Memorial Day is Spring.
It's what Disney usually calls their official start of Summer, however. I guess it could open as a late spring attraction, but then it and Rat are opening pretty close (Rat seems like it should be open by mid-summer at the absolute latest) to each other, giving neither... which may not be a bad thing. Send GMA down to WDW and do a promotional campaign where you can promote two new rides for the price of one.

Disney does everything they can to stretch openings. They would have no problem opening RotR on Dec 21st, and saying it was Fall.

Didn't think so. Skibum said he wished they'd try it without. They are.

I'm VERY interested to see the waits.

Although Disney has sunk way too much money inot FP+ to ever admit how stupid of an idea it was, and how it hurts the casual/once in a lifetime visitors MUCH more than the APers and yearly visitors.

My apologies. I have read that it will have FP+ later on (I don't know if that means in early 2020 or when). My intention was that I wished that they would just drop it outright. Just kill FP+ across the board. However, if wishes and and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. Except for those with nut allergies who would be irked. However, I don't want to turn this thread into an "I Hate FP+" thread.

I'm looking at an early February trip to WDW and figure that this won't be open in time. So, I'll just content myself with trying to get onto one of the two SWL rides.

My apologies. I have read that it will have FP+ later on (I don't know if that means in early 2020 or when). My intention was that I wished that they would just drop it outright. Just kill FP+ across the board. However, if wishes and and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. Except for those with nut allergies who would be irked. However, I don't want to turn this thread into an "I Hate FP+" thread.

I'm looking at an early February trip to WDW and figure that this won't be open in time. So, I'll just content myself with trying to get onto one of the two SWL rides.
I think Disney should kill any fastpass for a good year or more for major rides like this as Universal does but the problem is that decisions at Disney World are about selling more to the ultra rich these days and pushing DVC so they don't really care about capacity or guest experience just being able to sell to those people. I think rides like star wars basically made them nope out of fastpass right away because they would have even on site guests actually realize how much they were getting screwed or just not be able to manage the sheer volume of people trying to fill limited space if the lines werent moving.

I completely agree. FP+ is horrific.

I think the fact MFSR had a 90 minute wait at some points on OPENING DAY, shows how life is so much better without it.