Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Was just in the park for a bit today. Quick updates:
  • No more biometrics at the main gate, they take your picture much like Disneyland.
  • Crazanity was down, and no one was at the ride at all. Not a great sign, anyone know more?
  • TC was running two trains, Ninja one.
  • Drop of Doom is open after reports of it being closed for a while
  • New tables & chairs at Food Etc.
  • Many Fright Fest decor is going up in the park.
I have pics of some of these updates at my twitter (same name as here)
I have a love/hate relationship with magic mountain. They have some great rides but terrible operations. I usually go Sunday mornings as it is not that busy but it's a guessing game what rides will be open on time. Viper opened really late, X2 went down early or opened late and went down, Scream went down (also 1 train ops forever), Ninja went down (1 train ops), Superman only running 1 side, craznity has been down a week and Riddlers revenge was down. Twisted has been on 2 train ops for a few weeks. I left the park at 1:00 pm with some rides in but frustrated that Magic Mountain doesn't care.

At least it is cheap to be a member.

I have a love/hate relationship with magic mountain. They have some great rides but terrible operations. I usually go Sunday mornings as it is not that busy but it's a guessing game what rides will be open on time. Viper opened really late, X2 went down early or opened late and went down, Scream went down (also 1 train ops forever), Ninja went down (1 train ops), Superman only running 1 side, craznity has been down a week and Riddlers revenge was down. Twisted has been on 2 train ops for a few weeks. I left the park at 1:00 pm with some rides in but frustrated that Magic Mountain doesn't care.

At least it is cheap to be a member.
This should be the tagline for Six Flags. :thumbsup:

While I will admit operations at SFMM aren't great, there are lots of parks with much worse. SF St. Louis, SF America, SF Discovery Kingdom, Kentucky Kingdom... just to name a few. They make SFMM look like Disneyland.

Looks like green lantern is staring to get taken down.

image0.jpg

They're apparently on the road now.

^That's a safe bet, because I believe SFMM is practically the only major Six Flags park without one. And admittedly, it wouldn't be a terrible location for one in the sense that it's probably not a large enough plot of land for a coaster (except maybe a mad mouse), so may as well put in a flat ride. For years there was an Enterprise right were GL is/was.

And this is totally my own unrealistic dream, but if they had to put in a Sky Screamer, it'd be incredible if somehow the Skytower could somehow be retrofitted with it. If they could retrofit a drop ride on Superman and Kingda Ka, why not?

In terms of future development, there's a not a huge, but decent chunk of land at the old Deja Vu site that seems too good to be left vacant, haunt maze or not. Again, I have no insider knowledge, but it just makes sense at some point.

Aftermath 2's plot of land was meant for something rumored a while back, and I was surprised nothing happened to it when WCR was announced. Maybe that'll move over here...

Interestingly enough, I'm hearing it might be the latter since the focus/ marketing on WCR won't be out for 2019 as much and they still wanna market it as new going into 2020.. we'll see.

No movement on taking down of green Lantern other than the trains leaving. Would Six Flags be diabolical enough to send the trains off to be re-worked and then open it up again?

kKK5lhF.jpg

No movement on taking down of green Lantern other than the trains leaving. Would Six Flags be diabolical enough to send the trains off to be re-worked and then open it up again?

kKK5lhF.jpg

Don't expect any work on GL until track work and station are complete on WCR. No way Six Flags pays for more than one construction crew at a time.

I'm not a huge flat ride fan, but I do really like Sky Screamers, so I am hoping that Magic Mountain gets one. Some flat rides spin way too much for me. I can do Crazanity though since the spinning is slow.

Don't expect any work on GL until track work and station are complete on WCR. No way Six Flags pays for more than one construction crew at a time.
Either way they’re going to pay the crew to remove GL at some point so it doesn’t matter. Plus they had two crews at the same time in June 2018 with CraZanity and Cyclone Bay demolition.