Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Yea, lots of misquotes from Sunday, that's why I only reported on what was in the official Press Release, and I rewatched the video a few times just to be safe. I swear if I see one more news story wrongfully announce that Wondrous China will be opening January 2020 I'm gonna scream.

Anyway, not to derail thread too much, but from official press release for GotG, last sentence:

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be the first “other-world” showcase pavilion at Epcot. The adventure starts in the “Galaxarium,” a planetarium-like exhibition that explores the similarities and mysteries of the formation of Earth’s galaxy and Xandar. Guests will be invited to learn more about the treasures Xandar has to share – until the moment when the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive, and adventures across the cosmos ensue. The attraction will feature a new innovation from Walt Disney Imagineering – a storytelling coaster that rotates 360 degrees to focus guests on the action, including the first reverse launch on a Disney coaster.​
So now we have a "story coaster" and a "story telling coaster":lol::lol::lol::lol:...I can't with these 2.

As someone else stated, all footage is from within the ride. Now if they beefed it up is another story, but you can use cold spark pyro for the pyro and humans can stick their hands in it... so they could use pyro.

As someone else stated, all footage is from within the ride. Now if they beefed it up is another story, but you can use cold spark pyro for the pyro and humans can stick their hands in it... so they could use pyro.

My hesitation is those sorts of effects are the first to be shut off or never be activated. Hence my hesitation.

I'm trying to make out some of the details. That's the ride vehicle on the right, correct?

What is the railing in front of the stormtroopers for?

the space in front of the storm troopers is part of the queue according to the video at D23 and insiders. We exit the transporter pre show into the hanger.

I think that railing is just an inevitable expectation that they will need to physically keep guests from walking in and around the storm troopers and taking pictures. A slight break is true immersion, but otherwise people would be all over these storm troopers

I think that railing is just an inevitable expectation that they will need to physically keep guests from walking in and around the storm troopers and taking pictures. A slight break is true immersion, but otherwise people would be all over these storm troopers

even so I can see people going under the railing and getting that Selfie either way. The “why we can’t have nice things” thread is gonna be exciting. Lol