Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For all intents and purposes (just change the name & location), Kali River Rapids is a ride through that same Amazon type environment, with logging, slash & burn, etc. ruining the natural environment. So I can't really see Disney doing a duplicate type ride in the same resort, just different park.
True. I also think there's a rumor that Kali is going to be removed for the rumored 2024 attraction. But as I said, all rumors at this point.

True. I also think there's a rumor that Kali is going to be removed for the rumored 2024 attraction. But as I said, all rumors at this point.
I haven't heard that. They shouldn't need to remove Kali, as there is a ton of expansion space behind that area already, big enough for a ride twice the size of Kali.

I haven't heard that. They shouldn't need to remove Kali, as there is a ton of expansion space behind that area already, big enough for a ride twice the size of Kali.
I believe I read it on here, not sure who or where it was however. But if you want all of Zootopia,(speculating) might need that space.

I feel like there is never a politically perfect time to announce a new pavilion ... Just rip off the band-aid

Was coming on to say the same thing. While devastating and horrible, these fires are not even close to the worst fires they've had. They've had 5 worse incidents in the past 15 years alone. There has been global concern over the pollution in the Amazon river for over a decade now which is the cause of the algae blooms significantly hurting (if not crippling) tourism in the Caribbean in locations like Punta Cana. Also, Bolivia right now is completely overrun with their fires. And Bolivia and Brazil are polar opposites when it comes to presidential policy.

The bottom line is when you have poor and unstable countries, like the entirety of South America; you're going to have massive volatility. Venezuela was great, now it's in ruins. Columbia, you'd get killed instantly, now it's pretty great. Argentina was in economic turmoil, then fantastic, now in a tailspin yet again. It plagues the entire region and has for the entirety of their existence. It's cyclical. I agree, pull the band-aid off because if you're waiting for a perfect time to announce, you'll likely never find it.

I believe I read it on here, not sure who or where it was however. But if you want all of Zootopia,(speculating) might need that space.
Zootopia, which I do not believe will be the new Animal Kingdom addition, is pretty much just an E-ticket ride and a small street area leading up to it. Not at all as large as a land like Asia in DAK for example. But again, I do not believe that will be the next Animal Kingdom addition.

Zootopia, which I do not believe will be the new Animal Kingdom addition, is pretty much just an E-ticket ride and a small street area leading up to it. Not at all as large as a land like Asia in DAK for example. But again, I do not believe that will be the next Animal Kingdom addition.
Interesting. Appreciate the info! Really curious to what that attraction could be. But another topic for another thread! Id assume the Lion King, but who knows.

Maybe Zootopia will just come into World Showcase.

Reactions: Alicia
Epcot has always been a weird park for me. I don’t drink. So the main attraction(the festivals) to this park don't interest me. But I love to travel and learn different cultures. World Showcase does that for me. But I’m also a big thrill seeker. So guardians will finally give me what I need to stay interested in this park long term.

Yes but saying every single showcase needs a ride is ridiculous imo.
- Wooden family coaster in Canada (themed to Lumberjacks OR Brother Bear)
- Mary Poppins in England
- Rat in France
- Aladdin dark ride in Morocco
- Big Hero Six simulator tour of Japan
- US is good
- Pinocchio dark ride in Italy
- Reine River Tour in Germany (just do it)
- Mushu family steel coaster in China
- Norway and Mexico are good

There. I fixed Epcot.

- Rat in France
- US is good

There. I fixed Epcot.
I feel like China and Japan would be the next possible pavilions to get rides.

- Rat in France
- US is good

There. I fixed Epcot.
It's one thing to have arm chair imagineering ideas, but it's another to actually make happen, especially with the very limited expansion space some pavilions have. You can want something all you want, but it if there's no room for it, it's not feasible. Also, Aladdin has no place in Morocco and him doing M&Gs there currently needs to stop. Putting Aladdin in Morocco is the equivalent of Frozen into Norway.

I do agree that there needs to be at least 2-3 more rides or so in World Showcase, but the shows and stuff in China, Canada and France are all welcomed and The American Adventure doesn't get nearly the credit it deserves. There are a few pavilions that have nothing but food & merch though and I think they are slowly fixing that with Rat and Poppins.

The countries that need something the most are Germany, Italy, Japan or Morocco. All of these pavilions except for Germany have at least Two sit down restaurants with Japan having three. Germany has the most room out of all pavilions to expand and Italy has room only if they were to use the plot where Brazil has been rumored to go. Japan is pretty landlocked unless they go build a coaster across from the backstage road or something ala GotG. Morocco has very, very little room after Remy took over that expansion pad. The small portion left would have to be a flat sitting along the main drag with a tight queue.

I'm all for WS expansion, but this stuff isn't as simplistic as you're trying to make it sound. It's not RCT. Can't just throw a coaster wherever you want.

Are small flat rides really going to fix Epcot?

Regardless of the lack of rides, I’d say world showcase is the only part of Epcot that actually works. I agree that more rides are welcome, but I don’t think every country needs one.

This thread has devolved into "What's your perfect World Showcase" I will say most people (especially adults) I talk to LOVE the world showcase as is. Sometimes there are complaints about spending too much money, but usually people are lamenting about not spending enough time there and not getting to see as much of it as they wanted. I think the World Showcase is probably INSANELY profitable and adding rides to countries furthest from future world is a way to get more people deep into the WS who might not normally venture back that far and in turn will probably browse the stores and food vendors and spend more money. I'm ecstatic they are adding more rides to the WS, but I don't think that for most people there is a huge problem with World Showcase. I will admit this is sentiment from mostly childless millennials, teens, and adults with grown/no children.

Reactions: OrlLover
The reason people like World Showcase is because it doesn't revolve around waiting in line, like the rest of the park (s). It may be a glorified shopping mall/pub crawl, but it also has fun shows and other interactive elements. Not everyone enjoys queuing. It' represents a nice "break" from a typical theme park experience.

The reason people like World Showcase is because it doesn't revolve around waiting in line, like the rest of the park (s). It may be a glorified shopping mall/pub crawl, but it also has fun shows and other interactive elements. Not everyone enjoys queuing. It' represents a nice "break" from a typical theme park experience.
This may be true. But the option of having an actual attraction to ride would be nice as well.