Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

It's one thing to have arm chair imagineering ideas, but it's another to actually make happen, especially with the very limited expansion space some pavilions have. You can want something all you want, but it if there's no room for it, it's not feasible. Also, Aladdin has no place in Morocco and him doing M&Gs there currently needs to stop. Putting Aladdin in Morocco is the equivalent of Frozen into Norway.

I do agree that there needs to be at least 2-3 more rides or so in World Showcase, but the shows and stuff in China, Canada and France are all welcomed and The American Adventure doesn't get nearly the credit it deserves. There are a few pavilions that have nothing but food & merch though and I think they are slowly fixing that with Rat and Poppins.

The countries that need something the most are Germany, Italy, Japan or Morocco. All of these pavilions except for Germany have at least Two sit down restaurants with Japan having three. Germany has the most room out of all pavilions to expand and Italy has room only if they were to use the plot where Brazil has been rumored to go. Japan is pretty landlocked unless they go build a coaster across from the backstage road or something ala GotG. Morocco has very, very little room after Remy took over that expansion pad. The small portion left would have to be a flat sitting along the main drag with a tight queue.

I'm all for WS expansion, but this stuff isn't as simplistic as you're trying to make it sound. It's not RCT. Can't just throw a coaster wherever you want.

Agreed. That list was incredibly unrealistic.
Unless @Legacy found a way to move pavilions and/or create new land out of nowhere.

Simply put, every pavilion should have an attraction and a Table service restaurant.

The attraction doesn't need to be a ride. A show is adequate.

-Mexico, Norway, China, France (after Rat), UK (assuming Mary Poppins is an actual attraction) and Canada are good. Although I wouldn't be opposed to a China QS being added.

-Germany, Italy, Japan and Morocco could use an attraction.
Germany could have a massive attraction
Italy could easily fit a show
Japan could fit a simulator
Morocco could fit a show

That's with Brazil taking the spot between Japan/Morocco. But as it currently stands, I'd prefer them idealize each country prior to adding another. And adding rides in both Japan and Germany would really flesh out the rear corners of the park.

-United States could use a TS.

Yea this thread has started to get off topic.

Not much to talk about, unfortunately. It never got announced and no one knew if it was even planning to have an attraction or not.

Like @Mad Dog said: Brazil will open when KidZone closes. :)

I really do want Brazil to come... it's my first choice out of all the 300+ countries. I just thinks it offers a lot of potential that doesn't exist in the current WS.

New Zealand or Australia would be pretty cool
Neither have standout cuisine. Then again, Brazil doesn’t have a giant standout either outside of the “Brazilian steakhouse” bit. Argentina, specifically Buenos Aires, has the best food scene in South America by a healthy margin, IMO. But even then, it’s just “good”, outside of amazing steaks.

India, on the other hand, certainly would. Marrakesh actually has a few out there dishes for Disney. A handful of different curry dishes. So it’s possible they’d give India a decent presentation, though I doubt it.

Was on the table as something that they wanted to happen by 2025 before not too long ago. It got shelved for now, but with India is the real pavilion that should happen and not Brazil.

Wakanda and Aladdin in Morocco. You’re just straight up trolling today ;)
The issue is we need to actually worry about WDI going forward with Wakanda. Like, it's not something that they wouldn't do.

Last edited:
Was on the table as something that they wanted to happen by 2025 before not too long ago. It got shelved for now, but with India is the real pavilion that should happen and not Brazil.

Agreed. And as I said earlier, I’d love Russia. Rhode and his team had an incredible concept there.

Plus it’d be funny to see the twitter reactions :tease:

My feeling about India is that the obvious ride tie-in they'd go to for in a pavilion -- THE JUNGLE BOOK -- would really fit better in Animal Kingdom and would add needed additional capacity to that park.

As for Brazil, I think there would be plenty of potential for a great attraction... if they didn't feel that it MUST have an IP connection. I've banged this particular drum plenty of times before, but all they'd need to do is dust off and revamp the old "elevated tram ride through the jungle" concept they had worked up for the Venezuela pavilion.
Screen-Shot-2016-03-05-at-7.27.43-PM.png

According to several insiders on Magic (including Martin), this project is currently not moving forward. Apparently gathering sponsorships has been extremely difficult, and Iger/Chapek don't want to pay for the pavilion with company money.

So the ridiculous wait for a new World Showcase country will indefinitely continue.

According to several insiders on Magic (including Martin), this project is currently not moving forward. Apparently gathering sponsorships has been extremely difficult, and Iger/Chapek don't want to pay for the pavilion with company money.

So the ridiculous wait for a new World Showcase country will indefinitely continue.

Is anybody surprised?

Not surprised, no, but certainly increasingly frustrated that Disney won't just spend the money themselves and get some new country into World Showcase.

Disney are stuck between a rock and a hard place with World showcase. Even if they were to pay for it themselves, you’ve got the backlash of every country wondering why they had to pay.