Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

And I still hate it. Hate Starbucks. Hate their way overpriced drinks. Hate that they are in every freaking park in Orlando. It’s obnoxious. Almost as bad as when McDonalds was in Disney.
The difference is that regular theme park coffee SUCKS. Some may say that about Starbucks, but overall, most are happier that they can get their favorite coffee when in an Orlando park.

The difference is that regular theme park coffee SUCKS. Some may say that about Starbucks, but overall, most are happier that they can get their favorite coffee when in an Orlando park.

This right here. I prefer Joffreys, but there is nothing wrong with Starbucks. I get a large hot coffee for under three bucks with AP discount, and there's no way that's overpriced in a theme park. Stow that nonsense.

They should take a page from Jock Lindsey's and offer some kind of specialty beverage in a quality piece of drinkware. That seems to be all the rage these days (well, maybe not the quality part), and anything that gets additional Indiana Jones collectibles into the park I'm all for.

With SWGE now open, Mickey & Minnie in early 2020, and the multi year expansion/rebuild of Epcot announced... does that mean Disney are done with the overhaul of the studios?

I'm sure there will be other attractions (replacement for Star Tours, RNRC retheme etc) but thats just tweaking the existing lineup. I'd argue it's still too small and needs further expansion (I know I know - never satisfied!!!)

Maybe it's just that I desperately want to see an Indiana Jones land with E ticket (water ride using shanghi pirates tech please)

Thoughts?

With SWGE now open, Mickey & Minnie in early 2020, and the multi year expansion/rebuild of Epcot announced... does that mean Disney are done with the overhaul of the studios?

I'm sure there will be other attractions (replacement for Star Tours, RNRC retheme etc) but thats just tweaking the existing lineup. I'd argue it's still too small and needs further expansion (I know I know - never satisfied!!!)

Maybe it's just that I desperately want to see an Indiana Jones land with E ticket (water ride using shanghi pirates tech please)

Thoughts?

There's that "Black Box" ride concept rumor that's floating around, and that's the only thing that seems to have some legitimate weight behind it at this point.

I agree the park still needs more, even after the "Black Box" (if it happens). Increasing the ride count by another 3 or so within the next half decade would be a priority if I were running things.

There's that "Black Box" ride concept rumor that's floating around, and that's the only thing that seems to have some legitimate weight behind it at this point.

I agree the park still needs more, even after the "Black Box" (if it happens). Increasing the ride count by another 3 or so within the next half decade would be a priority if I were running things.

Ahhh yes the black box, forgot that.

I just find it a bit surprising that they are seemingly moving on to Epcot now even though they haven't really finished the Studios. It has virtually the same amount of attractions now as before they started.

Thoughts?
I feel with the mix of shows right now, along with the new attractions, the park has pretty great balance and is very manageable. Looks like it’s quite easy to spend a full day there now, if not two to get all the rides you need in. Which really is what you want out of a park. Have guests there from opening to close. DHS is definitely a park I think you can do that in now, especially factoring in wait times.

I feel with the mix of shows right now, along with the new attractions, the park has pretty great balance and is very manageable. Looks like it’s quite easy to spend a full day there now, if not two to get all the rides you need in. Which really is what you want out of a park. Have guests there from opening to close. DHS is definitely a park I think you can do that in now, especially factoring in wait times.

I agree re balance but there is still a lot to be 'fixed' and I never really had an issue finding enough to do to spend a day there.

Don't get me wrong I think it's amazing how much has been done, I just feel like it isn't complete, but didn't Walt say Disneyland would never be complete? What a brillant homage! ;) :shrug:

Thoughts?

I think it entirely depends on the success of GE.

Once ROTR opens and if it delivers the way I hope it does, it will become the new staple attraction of the resort and all the guests that will flock to the park with it. The park will need more than it currently offers.

I hope that Star Tours and RnRC don’t get pulled as they need all the attractions they can get.

An Indiana Jones ride or land would offer a good balance and make it a more complete park. It’s getting there but it doesn’t feel whole or complete right now.

I think it entirely depends on the success of GE.

Once ROTR opens and if it delivers the way I hope it does, it will become the new staple attraction of the resort and all the guests that will flock to the park with it. The park will need more than it currently offers.

I hope that Star Tours and RnRC don’t get pulled as they need all the attractions they can get.

An Indiana Jones ride or land would offer a good balance and make it a more complete park. It’s getting there but it doesn’t feel whole or complete right now.

Hope so, I really do.

I think I was really expecting the next phase of the overhaul to be anounced at D23, but they have shifted all attention to Epcot instead.

Ahhh yes the black box, forgot that.

I just find it a bit surprising that they are seemingly moving on to Epcot now even though they haven't really finished the Studios. It has virtually the same amount of attractions now as before they started.
After MMRR opens next year, Epcot will objectively be in worse shape.

Of course DHS (and DAK) still need one more major expansion. Both parks have multiple areas to put expansions, it's just about settling on the right idea and pulling the trigger. Again, this is why none of us should want SWGE to fail, as it will result in less investment going forward if it does.

Despite DHS not being designed to have many attractions I think it was in better shape than Epcot. All the parks could use some more expansions to be honest but some need it more than others.

Last edited:
Despite DHS not being designed to have many attractions I think it was in better shape than Epcot. All the parks could use some more expansions to be honest but are some need it more than others.
Yup. I think it’s funny that by 2021, Animal Kingdom will once again have the least amount of rides again. Hoping the rumors of it getting another E-Ticket are true.