Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was listening to Alicia's podcast the other day about this park and I gotta say, I think she really hit nothing but facts the entire time haha. There's one thing I think she pointed out where she said something along the lines of certain areas being re-colored/re-shaped so that it's not completely obvious as to what it could be.

I was listening to Alicia's podcast the other day about this park and I gotta say, I think she really hit nothing but facts the entire time haha. There's one thing I think she pointed out where she said something along the lines of certain areas being re-colored/re-shaped so that it's not completely obvious as to what it could be.
There's definitely large themed elements removed from all of the lands in the art, to attempt to throw us off the scent!

A good example is the entrance to SNW, which is expected to be a warp-tunnel (and possibly Peach's Castle), which should likely look something like:
Super-Mario-Bros.-Warp-Pipe-Foam-Can-Cooler.jpg

Instead, they made it look square:
upload_2019-8-14_12-48-59.png

This purposefully throws off people who may have an untrained eye. This entrance could be anything to them... like maybe...
gates-of-emerald-city.jpg

That and some of the attractions are either unfinished or purposefully inaccurate, for example the dueling coaster has what looks like disappearing tracks:
upload_2019-8-14_12-46-35.png

A good example is the entrance to SNW, which is expected to be a warp-tunnel (and possibly Peach's Castle), which should likely look something like:

View attachment 10537

This purposefully throws off people who may have an untrained eye. This entrance could be anything to them... like maybe...

That and some of the attractions are either unfinished or purposefully inaccurate, for example the dueling coaster has what looks like disappearing tracks:
View attachment 10536

You know what's funny? I was actually thinking that's exactly what it looked like lol you can't fool us Universal :p

Reactions: Joel and RFRees

View attachment 10537

View attachment 10536

Why haven't I thought of Emerald City before?! That would be FANTASTIC!!

Why haven't I thought of Emerald City before?! That would be FANTASTIC!!
It was suggested a few times in previous blue sky threads. I'm not sure if Universal had put any real consideration into it (as they have with Wonka, Lorax, and probably Smurfs).

The short version is that Virgin doesn't want to do it because it's expensive.

The southern route straight to Disney goes along 417, which has a median they can lay tracks in, while the northern option to OCCC goes along 528, which has no space left in its median. This means that the northern (OCCC) option basically requires building a 10 mile long bridge along 528, adding about 500 million to the construction cost compared to the direct to Disney option. That's around what it would cost for any MCO-OCCC fixed rail transit, and I don't believe that Virgin Trains wants to be in the business of bringing people from the airport to I-drive. I personally think it is unlikely they choose the OCCC routing unless Orange County (or Universal) kick in a large portion of the money required to build it.

If they choose to go along 417, I hope they at least consider adding a spur from Disney to OCCC along I-4 that would allow them to run local service on a MCO-Sunrail-Disney-OCCC routing. It would have a longer travel time to OCCC (~35 minutes), but could still provide a one seat ride from the airport to convention center, and would have a much lower build cost.
Is there a map of the proposed routes out there?

Edit: Found the old proposed routes from OIA, but a more detailed map showing the pre and post OIA routes would be nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: soma27
I remember the abandoned high speed rail was supposed to run along 528 to I-4 (I remember the blueprints were posted online and I remarked that's not far from where we live).

Reactions: JoeCamel and Alicia
Will there be such a focus on entertainment in the new park? When the USF & IOA have like 3-4 empty theaters currently between them?

Reactions: belloq87 and jrn14