Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Can someone post a pic of what the "middle turnstiles" are? Are you referring to the turnstiles at the start of the park, or are these turnstiles set up for queuing outside of the ride?

Can someone post a pic of what the "middle turnstiles" are? Are you referring to the turnstiles at the start of the park, or are these turnstiles set up for queuing outside of the ride?

At the front of the park.

They’ll have guests lining up to the left and right of the giant ornate main gate. Then some TMs will come out and indicate theyll use the middle and EVERYONE will run to the middle gates.

ugh, running. And then if you don't keep running with the bulls to the lockers, you'll be far back in the line.
The only instance where I will run before noon: Hagrid opening day. Was totally surprised at how uncivil people were about it. Got a forearm firmly planted into my back as countless team members were screaming "No pushing!" but of course said person claimed they were the one being pushed. Gotta love it!

The only instance where I will run before noon: Hagrid opening day. Was totally surprised at how uncivil people were about it. Got a forearm firmly planted into my back as countless team members were screaming "No pushing!" but of course said person claimed they were the one being pushed. Gotta love it!
We had a lady telling her kids to act like soccer practice, knees and elbows.

There's no running when I was there, lots of queues and very organized.
The 4 days I rope dropped there was lots and lots of running, even the 1 time I was directly behind the Team Member walking us down, people were testing him on the send you to the back of the line threat, completely nuts!

Ugh. Please do not run. This is like a fungus that only grows. Show everyone how we do it!

The running is actually pretty meaningless, only saving 10 minutes or so (unless the ride breaks down),

To reiterate my rope drop posts: upon park opening go to the left entrance turnstiles or the middle. These are portable ones and people do not line up there for some reason. But you know better! Do it!

When the rope drops 30 minutes before park opening, walk briskly to Seuss. Line up on the left. So many dummies ran all the way there, lined up on the right, and found themselves just three parties in front of me. Not worth it.

Take the Green Eggs and Ham short-cut. They direct people that way but some think they can outrun you going through all of Seuss Landing. They cannot.

If you need a locker, use the 2nd bay. Have a plan. (I'm getting the card to open it, you put bag in head-first, etc.), then walk out the other opening of the locker bay and find yourself about 3 parties behind where you were. This is no big deal. If the ride is running, it is a continuously moving queue. If it breaks down, well, there is no way you could have anticipated that, and nothing you could have done about it.

The runners are quite a few, and aren't planing for bathroom breaks, etc. A smart plan and an even temper will get you there just as quickly. I have the data to show it.

If you are going to rope drop, ignore everything above and you are fine. The only issue is if the ride is operating or not (which does not affect anything but total wait time). Running, lockers, left or right is all insignificant, there is only a 5 to 10 minute difference with any strategy, it's a people mover when operating well. That being said, being in the first 10 rows or back by the ticket windows will DEFINITELY make a difference, but probably only 20 minutes. There is also no shortcut, there is one and only one path that you are walked to the queue in, if you deviate you will be blocked. Also, the path is subject to change on a daily basis as we took a different one on one of our rope drops. If they tell you the middle is not open as they told us, it's a lie, walk away and the immediately return, every single one will be open. If the ride is not open when you get to the queue they will let you leave for bathroom and concessions, just be careful, when it opens it is a mad rush inside. They do accommodate and let you pass and catch up, just be prepared for lots of dirty looks from people thinking you are line cutting. When I was there, 7:30 to 7:45 was early enough to get first in line at portable center stations, might get later as the slow season approaches, may not, Great Ride!
Hope for more updates as I hope to ride again when I come back for HHN, while still sleeping in a bit!

I'd say at this point rope drop is useless for this ride. If all is going smoothly with the ride, you can pretty much expect waiting an hour or so whenever you show up. Not to mention the ride sometimes not opening up when the park opens. Just doesn't seem worth showing up early for anymore.

I'm hopefully going to be there for the second week of HHN. From what I've read from the last few pages of the thread, is it fair to say that you don't need to rope drop this anymore? If I show up at around 10-11 and the weather cooperates is that a decent time to arrive?

I think a lot depends on the general park crowd too... now that summers over lines are naturally shorter all around. Right now Hagrids is posted at 150, Minions at 40 and everything else is under 25 minutes! I'm sure that 150 minutes is a lot closer to 60 minutes barring any delays.

I'm hopefully going to be there for the second week of HHN. From what I've read from the last few pages of the thread, is it fair to say that you don't need to rope drop this anymore? If I show up at around 10-11 and the weather cooperates is that a decent time to arrive?
It all depends on the opening. If it opens up at a delay then at 10 you could still see a 180 minute posted wait. If you don't want to rope drop then I would just keep an eye on the weather and try to hit it when weather is good and wait is 2 hours or less, which hopefully will be max come middle of September.

I'll be there around the same time. I'm planning on rope dropping. If it isn't open at rope drop, then I'm calling an audible and hitting FJ and looping around the back of park towards Kong.

I rope drop anyway, so it doesn't matter for me. Worst case, it isn't open and I can still hit everything else and be ahead of the crowds for the day. Best case, I'm one of the first on Hagrid's, which puts me ahead of the crowds for the day.

I'll be there around the same time. I'm planning on rope dropping. If it isn't open at rope drop, then I'm calling an audible and hitting FJ and looping around the back of park towards Kong.

I rope drop anyway, so it doesn't matter for me. Worst case, it isn't open and I can still hit everything else and be ahead of the crowds for the day. Best case, I'm one of the first on Hagrid's, which puts me ahead of the crowds for the day.

I'm just trying to avoid getting up too early. We fly in super late on that Thurs and plan to hit HHN that Fri night. I don't want to burn out too early, lol.

Next month I will have the privilege of riding this, FINALLY! I feel too lazy to skim through the entire thread so I’ll ask these two questions:

1) I’m going to UO In weekdays late sep. how early should I arrive to beat at least a good chunk of the crowds?

2) I know they have lockers, but are they Rock-It and Hulk strict where they want nothing in your pockets, or is it more like FJ where you just can’t take a bag?

Last edited: