Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 269 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love how Disneyland had an overnight line system for their reservation only opening... and DHS is like... line up before our opening? Nah. Who needs it. did they forget how much people in Florida love forming lines?!
Disney wants these lines with how they had to report at a shareholder meeting that SWGE underperformed.

Disney wants these lines with how they had to report at a shareholder meeting that SWGE underperformed.

Oh for sure, just think it’s funny how Disneyland allowed overnight with a system for a reservation only opening day... and DHS is like... nah bro, it’s fine

Oh for sure, just think it’s funny how Disneyland allowed overnight with a system for a reservation only opening day... and DHS is like... nah bro, it’s fine
Disney now can look back at that time and realize that the lack of huge lines cost them headlines though. So they're hoping this will be different. How different, who knows.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Twitter update. Looks like they are moving the under bridge group up closer to the gate now, likely to get them further from Boardwalk.

I am glad Disneyland had reservations in place. This is going to be nuts and a giant cluster.

Agreed. The reservations made my first experience of the land at DL so much more enjoyable with the controlled crowds. I'm especially interested to see how the grand opening will be at DHS. From what I remember, you'll be going in September? Looking forward to your comparison of the lands since I believe you'll be the first on IU to have experienced the lands on both coasts.

Well Disneyland’s is the original. The Hollywood studios is a clone.
It's a one BILLION dollar expansion! The show was grinch worthy and the Bob monologue was shockingly bad and made me uncomfortable to watch with it's delusion of grandeur script. The opening of the Tangle toilets had a higher production value than this.

I've been saying this for months. WDW didn't have a care in the world when planning opening logistics, and despite some long lines (because they had Pandora and TSL already under their belt), it's paying off big time. DL did everything in it's power to make the experience wayyyy too extra and it scared tourists away (the demographic they've been trying to build for years).

Though i'm also willing to be the crowd levels today are high due to everyone wanting to get in before the hurricane hits.

Last edited:
Reactions: bob albert
Just want to shout a big I TOLD YOU SO, to the folks on this board that actually believed crowds wouldn’t show up for this in Orlando.

Disney over prepared for Disney land and way underestimated Disney World.

Eat crow folks.

Reactions: OrlLover and jrn14
Here’s my quick review of the ride (along with what’s in the tweet). Honestly I don’t know what to make of it yet. Engineers definitely had a great view though. I will say the ambient music instead of John Williams score has not bothered me one bit.

Currently I’m in single riders line for SR. Doesn’t seem that long.

Just want to shout a big I TOLD YOU SO, to the folks on this board that actually believed crowds wouldn’t show up for this in Orlando.

Disney over prepared for Disney land and way underestimated Disney World.

Eat crow folks.

This is day 1, of course it's going to be busy.

I'd wait a week or two before making any kind of definitive statement about it's success.

Ok

Some of you just want this to fail, that’s just so sad to me.
No one wants it to fail, but you can’t look at the people that came and were waiting since last night (I literally ran into a group that had been waiting since 11:30) and say home run. These are the die hards. TSL has huge crowds and so did Pandora opening day.

Personally, it really doesn’t seem crazy busy in the land outside of Smugglers Run. I’m in line for my third ride because very few people are in the single rider queue. It’s kind of odd. Unfortunately, you’ll pretty much always get Engineer as Single Rider.

Anyway, gonna try the food and Blue/Green milk later. I’ll let you know my thoughts on that stuff later. Wasn’t impressed with Docking Bay 7’s breakfast menu, I’ll say that.