Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Just want to shout a big I TOLD YOU SO, to the folks on this board that actually believed crowds wouldn’t show up for this in Orlando.

Disney over prepared for Disney land and way underestimated Disney World.

Eat crow folks.
Disney spent 1 billion to attract new guests (Star Wars fans in particular who don't own an AP). They didn't come (yet). Because of that it failed. that doesn't mean it won't do well for Disney fans, I'm sure people love it and I hope when the dark ride is open the Star Wars fans will come, but I guess that depends what Disney has done with the last SW movie.
I think we all want Disney to succeed if only to keep the rivalry between Universal and Disney going because that is good for all of us.

No one wants it to fail, but you can’t look at the people that came and were waiting since last night (I literally ran into a group that had been waiting since 11:30) and say home run. These are the die hards. TSL has huge crowds and so did Pandora opening day.

Personally, it really doesn’t seem crazy busy in the land outside of Smugglers Run. I’m in line for my third ride because very few people are in the single rider queue. It’s kind of odd. Unfortunately, you’ll pretty much always get Engineer as Single Rider.

Anyway, gonna try the food and Blue/Green milk later. I’ll let you know my thoughts on that stuff later. Wasn’t impressed with Docking Bay 7’s breakfast menu, I’ll say that.

Question for you Nick, do you think it doesn't feel crazy busy because it's such a huge land? Or because there are not a huge amount of people in there?

I'm just curious if the sheer size of the space is why it feels less busy.

Just want to shout a big I TOLD YOU SO, to the folks on this board that actually believed crowds wouldn’t show up for this in Orlando.

Disney over prepared for Disney land and way underestimated Disney World.

Eat crow folks.
Disney cut their own projections in half, before the hurricane.

So even DISNEY didn't believe crowds would show.

Give me a helicopter shot with the line all the way to Boardwalk, instead of guest crowd shots that look less crowded than a Mardi Gras concert, and we can chat.

Disney spent 1 billion to attract new guests (Star Wars fans in particular who don't own an AP). They didn't come (yet). Because of that it failed. that doesn't mean it won't do well for Disney fans, I'm sure people love it and I hope when the dark ride is open the Star Wars fans will come, but I guess that depends what Disney has done with the last SW movie.
I think we all want Disney to succeed if only to keep the rivalry between Universal and Disney going because that is good for all of us.
If you work under the assumption that the land was built for Star Wars fans who never went to Disney, why rush to see a land with only 1/2 rides?

Also as this is exclusive to Florida, but the Star Wars hotel is being built. If I was a Star Wars fan that only wanted to dip my toes into the Disney thing once, I’d wait for that so I could do the biggest and best experience once.

I cannot believe the opening day crowds.. considering the limited AP previews, the 3-month head start at DL, etc. So it's like everyone wanting to be first... but no one actually is. :lol:

This just goes to show what a difference is between blackout dates and not. DL just doesn't have the non-AP market to fill the parks alone other than super peak times and WDW's AP base must have grown way more than we know.

Question for you Nick, do you think it doesn't feel crazy busy because it's such a huge land? Or because there are not a huge amount of people in there?

I'm just curious if the sheer size of the space is why it feels less busy.
Honestly idk. The land is so big that I’m still getting my bearings on where I am and tbh I haven’t left the Smugglers Run area much. I’m trying to take advantage of Single rider and the early time of day to get a lot of rides in early. I’m in line for my 4th ride. Just got Gunner on my previous ride and enjoyed it a lot more. Much more laid back and I could actually pay attention to the ride more.

I will say I can’t see much of the land as a whole as you are immersed 360 so it’s hard to judge.

Disney cut their own projections in half, before the hurricane.

So even DISNEY didn't believe crowds would show.

Give me a helicopter shot with the line all the way to Boardwalk, instead of guest crowd shots that look less crowded than a Mardi Gras concert, and we can chat.

They didn't believe crowds would show? Because I've never seen 6am Extra Extra Magic Hours in my life...

I think everyone knew crowds would come. The question is for how long? Everything that opens at WDW has crowds and long lines until all the passholders and lifstylers have done it.

Maybe I should've said... crowds at 3am. :lol: That I did not see coming...

Honestly idk. The land is so big that I’m still getting my bearings on where I am and tbh I haven’t left the Smugglers Run area much. I’m trying to take advantage of Single rider and the early time of day to get a lot of rides in early. I’m in line for my 4th ride. Just got Gunner on my previous ride and enjoyed it a lot more. Much more laid back and I could actually pay attention to the ride more.

I will say I can’t see much of the land as a whole as you are immersed 360 so it’s hard to judge.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Enjoy... totally not jealous at all ;)

No one wants it to fail, .....

giphy.gif

So.... land is closed and boarding groups are saying afternoon admission. SR at 205 min.

Interesting to note... you must be in DHS to reserve a boarding group. More like DL Fastpass and I think that’s very fair, although some would complain about being stuck in DHS.