Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 273 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well the crowds showed like I knew they would and did Smugglers Run get as high as 300 minutes at the DL opening ?

Honestly seeing stuff like this makes me truly appreciate Disneyland’s approach. Even if it made twitter label it a failure.

What are you talking about? Looks about as busy as Disney land. Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

I like the subtly different colouration of the rock work in the DHS version. Here the contrast between the darker foreground spires and the lighter, more faded forced perspective background peaks creates a really great distance effect. I don't think this is as pronounced in DL, unless I just didn't notice it before.

I’m literally in line for my seventh ride (in the holding area) and the ride hasn’t broken down on me once. It’s been incredibly reliable and the longest I’ve waited (from getting in the actual line) is 45 minutes.

I’ve heard two tables were down an hour each today and some of the pods are down.

f

right, it really seems like it’s going to be a fantastic park to visit this year. I can’t wait to see how capacity for Rise is. If it’s really strong like Smugglers run is then that’s awesome. Really well spread out park. The attraction lineup is so diverse now it’s awesome!
Yeah. DHS has always had some of WDW very best attractions. Their only issue was they didn't have enough of them before GESWL and soon to be RotR and Mickey/Minnie.

I’ve heard two tables were down an hour each today and some of the pods are down.
I did see maintenance heading towards the ride as I was waiting to get into the Den of Antiquities (so much awesome stuff, so expensive ugh). So it makes sense. I can confirm I have been on three different tables based on where I’ve gotten off the ride.

Can someone post a complete line up of attractions for this park once everything is open. Only rides please. I would greatly appreciate this.

Can someone really post a complete line up of attractions for this park once everything is open. Only rides please. I would greatly appreciate this.

DHS? And as in "Once all of Galaxy's Edge is open"? And I assume Mickey and Minnie?

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Tower of Terror
Rockin' Rollercoaster
Midway Mania
Slinky Dog
Swirling Saucers
Smuggler's Run
Rise of the Resistance
Star Tours

I will be really interested to see what the Smugglers Run wait time sits at in the coming weeks seeing as there’s no FP to slow it down + we’re in slow season.

It's already down to 2 hours according to Thrill Data. I wouldn't be surprised to see it below 90 min tonight.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I actually almost expect it to get more closer to 60 mins. I think this ride could very comfortably at around 60-75 in the coming weeks.
That’s a pretty decent wait and I wouldn’t mind that at all, I don’t want to know what FP+ will add to the wait time. FP+ is evil as someone just mentioned earlier.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So, after all of the early comparisons to Star Tours, it sounds like you find it to be a better experience Nick?
I rode Star Tours on my way out. Smugglers is more intimate and personal, but without feeling claustrophobic (like Mission Space). Star Tours is more like a shared theater experience. Both have their pros and cons. But the impersonal nature of ST really struck me after having just ridden SR.

I definitely consider them completely different types of rides. And I get different things from each.

So, after all of the early comparisons to Star Tours, it sounds like you find it to be a better experience Nick?
Star Tours is a passive experience while SR is a Hands on experience. Star Tours is a fine ride, but I definitely come away liking this better. Of course I can easily see how or why someone may like Star Tours more.

I finally got to pilot the Falcon and let me tell you there’s nothing about Star Tours that can put the smile on my face as much as sitting in Han’s seat and piloting. The ride is also so much more fun as a pilot. As a Gunner, I think there’s an argument to be made that Star Tours is more fun though.