Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 274 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Star Tours is a passive experience while SR is a Hands on experience. Star Tours is a fine ride, but I definitely come away liking this better. Of course I can easily see how or why someone may like Star Tours more.

I finally got to pilot the Falcon and let me tell you there’s nothing about Star Tours that can put the smile on my face as much as sitting in Han’s seat and piloting. The ride is also so much more fun as a pilot. As a Gunner, I think there’s an argument to be made that Star Tours is more fun though.
I rode twice in Disneyland. Once as a pilot then as a gunner. Pretty much same thoughts as you but even as a gunner I had a blast because my party got the three other people we were with really into the ride yelling and laughing the whole time. It was really fun.
Just an anecdotal thought as I sit here in the outdoor seating area of Docking Bay 7... I don’t feel like I’m in Hollywood Studios AT ALL. I really like the vibe of the land.
Sounds like Diagon Alley.

Why does Galaxy's Edge in Orlando have way more umbrellas than California?
I’m not sure, but it’s possible that half of these or more are actually only temporary. I noticed they are located along the length of the make-shift extended queue for Smugglers Run. With having to stand for 2+ hours outside and not a lot of trees, I’m thinking these were brought in temporarily last minute. Just like the temporary Sunbelt rental industrial fans also along the second half of the long extended queue.

It’ll be interesting to see if half of these umbrellas vanish if after the rope-drop line starts to fit within the actual queue and not extend out through the land.

Reactions: Mike S
Just want to shout a big I TOLD YOU SO, to the folks on this board that actually believed crowds wouldn’t show up for this in Orlando.

Disney over prepared for Disney land and way underestimated Disney World.

Eat crow folks.

Plenty of crow to go around, as they sure didn't stick around long.

f

right, it really seems like it’s going to be a fantastic park to visit this year. I can’t wait to see how capacity for Rise is. If it’s really strong like Smugglers run is then that’s awesome. Really well spread out park. The attraction lineup is so diverse now it’s awesome!

And they only had to tear down half the park, and spend a couple billon dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Joel
As of right now, Smuggler's Run is at a 105 minute wait one hour after the park's 6am open.

I’m not sure, but it’s possible that half of these or more are actually only temporary. I noticed they are located along the length of the make-shift extended queue for Smugglers Run. With having to stand for 2+ hours outside and not a lot of trees, I’m thinking these were brought in temporarily last minute. Just like the temporary Sunbelt rental industrial fans also along the second half of the long extended queue.

It’ll be interesting to see if half of these umbrellas vanish if after the rope-drop line starts to fit within the actual queue and not extend out through the land.
All of the umbrellas in the land were there at opening yesterday. At least along the queue.
---------------------
Quickly I'll try and recap my day yesterday:
3:51am - In line past security
4:35am - Moved us up to Grand Avenue
5:00am - We were let into the land
6:15am - Got off first ride aboard the Falcon
9:45am - Got a Blue Milk. It was ok. I've heard the chilled version in Oga's is better.
10:40 - Left the land for a bit, went up to get commemorative maps since lines were long-ish and my return time was coming up anyway.
12:05pm - Ronto's Roasters for Lunch. As I already commented, I got the Ronto Wrap, which was very good.
12:45pm - By this time I was working on my 6th ride on Smuggler's Run.
12:45-4:10 - I checked out a lot of the shops (loved the Den of Antiquities) along with more rides.
4:10pm - My most recent ride got "Flight stopped" (although as far as I could tell we had finished the whole ride and the issue just popped up after we were done). They told us if we wanted to, we could reride by going through Fastpass. I of-course did this because although i'd been on many times by this point, I still hadn't been pilot. I was a pilot this time and had a blast.
5:17pm - Got in Oga's standby and ordered the Fuzzy Tauntaun. The numbing effect is peculiar.
7:30pm - Met up with some friends and did the droid depot.
9:00pm - Final ride on Smuggler's Run of the night.
9:30pm - Had Green Milk after Blue Milk earlier in the day. I will not be getting the green version again. It has a taste that's hard to describe, but I was not a fan at all.
10:00pm - Watched Fantasmic! and then browsed merch on the way out.

That was a long ass day, but I enjoy being a part of the hysteria clearly as I went to Pandora and TSL's opening (and I wanted to go to Hagrid's, but in hindsight, i'm glad I had to work lol). The land entertainment needs to be beefed up a bit and while (at least today, when busy) the Outpost/Market felt like a bustling town, the Resistance area will continue to be dead until the ride opens. I never once saw the Kylo Ren "show" (although I did see Kylo roaming), never saw Rey out and only saw Chewie twice all day.

I was greatly impressed with how many times I was able to get on Smugglers Run and many times with very little wait as Single Rider was practically a walk-on. I fear what FP+ will do to wait times though. Also, i'm a little surprised at how little indoor queue there is for the main queue. There's only a few rooms indoors before you hit the pre-show. A posted 80 minute wait yesterday had a line wrapped well around the Falcon.

Overall, I had a ton of fun even with only the one ride opened and honestly, the more I saw those Savi lightsabers around the land, especially at night, the more I wanted one. They're very bright/crisp and just look and feel great. On the other end of the merch spectrum though, they were trying to sell something like little porgs or something that sit on your shoulder like the banshees for $70. Those will end up at the outlets. No one was buying.

Last edited: