Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Reminder, screens are not the issue. They have their place and use, if done right. The issue is parks with screen density, aka lack of attraction diversity.

Now back to the screenz thread we go.

Nah. This has only been a talking point since Avatar, and the fact that a lot of Disney’s upcoming slate is screen based. It was always just “screens” at Universal before that.

EDIT: For the record, as everyone should know, I don't care about screens. But the argument was never "screen density" until recently.

Last edited:
Nah. This has only been a talking point since Avatar, and the fact that a lot of Disney’s upcoming slate is screen based. It was always just “screens” at Universal before that.

EDIT: For the record, as everyone should know, I don't care about screens. But the argument was never "screen density" until recently.

I mean... that was always the argument for me, I can’t speak for others. But this is off topic.

I was hoping for the next evolution of Indiana Jones or Mystic Manor more than the next evolution of Spider-Man, frankly.

Those are both fantastic, but this sounds like Spider-man on steroids so I'm good with that!

The more I hear about this the more EPIC it sounds, and the more stupid I think it was to open the land without it.

The scale of this ride is much bigger than Mystic Manor based on what I’ve read. I should also say it seems more ambitious as far as what they are trying to pull off.

Last edited:
You could fit 3 mystic manors inside of the ROTR show-building alone (divided across the two levels, naturally).
In my opinion that ride is not all that and little overrated for what it is. Yes the effects are nice and it has nice blend of physical sets and things like projection mapping. The original Haunted Mansions are still the better attractions even though they are older.

Wondering if the ride will be a carbon copy much like smugglers run, or if there will be small differences based on the California mysterious delay

Wondering if the ride will be a carbon copy much like smugglers run, or if there will be small differences based on the California mysterious delay

They should be identical except the outdoor overflow queue, looks like that will be slightly different on each coast. But once you enter the resistance command center (first pre-show/briefing room), the experience should be 1:1.

The scale of this ride is much bigger than Mystic Manor based on what I’ve read. I should also say it seems more ambitious as far as what they are trying to pull off.

MM, or HM, would be worse if they took place in large rooms. The intimacy is very important.

We'll see if big rooms make dark rides more impressive.

Do we know anything concrete progress-wise? What still needs completion/tweaking, or is there still major work to be done on the attraction as a whole?

Do we know anything concrete progress-wise? What still needs completion/tweaking, or is there still major work to be done on the attraction as a whole?

The latest rumors from E Ticket Report podcast is the ride is still behind schedule and DHS's is going to come in really really hot.

The latest rumors from E Ticket Report podcast is the ride is still behind schedule and DHS's is going to come in really really hot.
I wonder if CMs will even get a chance to be guinea pigs for this ride or if they’ll just open it.

I think it will have limited CM testing (DHS cast only) and open as soon as they can. I'm guessing they're going to be desperate for positive buzz ASAP with the holiday season coming.