Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 276 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Or look at the fact, that the hardcore fanbois already went to the one is DL months ago which also impacted WDW as well as AP previews for WDW which probably also help decrease the demand opening day....no need to go opening day if you got to go.

Add in storms, possible recession, and other things, people may just be trying to save money. Additionally, they didn't have the breakdowns and guest spread out in a much larger area....the land didn't flop assuming they maintained their theoretical capacity they served 30,000 guests yesterday just on SR alone. That's a respectable number.

Going to throw this out there: the land opened before any settled path or warnings were issued to the state. No airlines or hotels were offering free cancellations or rebookings. I don't believe Disney is unlucky, instead they got lucky they have a scape goat.

Also, by opening the park so early they have spread out the demand so much that any comparison is not going to be accurate. I think it's pretty evident they're meeting demand.
I don’t agree at all. But to each his own.

The only reason this is happening is because of the incoming hurricane. All the hardcore Star Wars, theme park, and Disney junkies already visited the park yesterday. STGE unfortunately opened during a really unlucky time. Not even Disney could of predicted this. Trust me things are bad over here. I live in Miami Florida and the stores are packed with people buying supplies. Nobody is thinking about visiting a theme park over here.
They cut projections in half before the hurricane was a concern.

If you removed all the space ships and signage from GE, and you walked through it, would you be able to recognize it as Star Wars? For me, having visited Epcot the other day, it looks a lot like Morocco.

Morocco-at-Epcot-1600.jpg

Morocco-at-Epcot-3-1600.jpg

Morocco-at-Epcot-4-1600-700x467.jpg

Reactions: Joel, tyro and Nico
Does any of this really matter? In the long term this is all going to be fine. Can we move on?!

This board wouldn’t exist if we didn’t talk about theory, conjecture and new additions. No one wants this to fail. Success is good for everyone.

Just as sure as you are that this will be fine some are looking at the numbers vs the changed projections. Investment can be slowed if they don’t feel the numbers are where they should be. With what was announced at D23 being mostly stuff we already knew about we might never know if something got cut as a potential fallout. So yes, everything will look fine eventually. We just want Disney and as a result Universal to continue major investments like this.

The problem for me is that the land isn’t complete. It’s still missing it’s main attraction, the big hitter, the juggernaut for the land. I will not step one foot in that land until ROR is open. I feel like the land would of gotten better reviews overall if it was 100% available.

Or if we have a euro Disney type scenario where Disney ends up scaling back projects that aren’t under construction. A lot of the stuff that got announced at D23 isn’t gonna be coming for a couple years and if GE doesn’t meet the high financial expectations that Burbank was promised I could see a repeat of the Disney decade.

Oh? I wish I had your confidence. This could have major implications going forward.

This!!! This is what I don't understand is the smarmy attitude some Uni fans have about this not hitting expectations. Do they not realize this will effect the whole industry... especially Epic Universe.

I'm not really that worried. I honestly think people are starting to become averse to the overcrowding of the parks... and people are willing to wait longer to avoid waiting in massive lines. Avatar/Gringots etc. set a standard that going to see a new ride or park area opening week will be a disaster... The 5+ hour waits were all over social media. I don't think average people want to spend their 2k+ vacation standing shoulder to shoulder in super long lines.

This board wouldn’t exist if we didn’t talk about theory, conjecture and new additions. No one wants this to fail. Success is good for everyone.

Just as sure as you are that this will be fine some are looking at the numbers vs the changed projections. Investment can be slowed if they don’t feel the numbers are where they should be. With what was announced at D23 being mostly stuff we already knew about we might never know if something got cut as a potential fallout. So yes, everything will look fine eventually. We just want Disney and as a result Universal to continue major investments like this.

I get it, but the issue is this has been hammered on since Disneyland's opened... the conversation is going no where...

If you removed all the space ships and signage from GE, and you walked through it, would you be able to recognize it as Star Wars? For me, having visited Epcot the other day, it looks a lot like Morocco.

Morocco-at-Epcot-1600.jpg

Morocco-at-Epcot-3-1600.jpg

Morocco-at-Epcot-4-1600-700x467.jpg
I've mentioned this in the past, but I don't see it as a negative because when I see pictures of SWGE or when I was there yesterday, I felt Star Wars oozing from the land, I don't think of Epcot's Morocco at all.

WDI did say that they took a trip to Morocco so they could get inspirations for the Black Spire Marketplace.

I get it, but the issue is this has been hammered on since Disneyland's opened... the conversation is going no where...

I get it. But we got a new test subject literally yesterday. We have a compare and contrast. Most people here have said the numbers hit their target and the reviews were more positive than DL.

You can steer the convo where you would like it to go - but it’s up to the populace to follow you or continue discussing it.

All the reports I'm hearing from people who went for the opening have been positive and it looks stunning. Looking forward to experiencing it myself once ROTR opens.

It's really too early to call this a success or failure, or say if it will truly affect future investment.

I just hope it makes them rethink opening a new land without it's flagship attraction in the future (although based on the Avengers Crapus it looks like they are doing it all again...)

Last edited:
All the reports I'm hearing from people who went for the opening have been positive and it looks stunning. Looking forward to experiencing it myself once ROTR opens.

It's really too early to call this a success or failure, or say if it will truly affect future investment.

I just hope it makes them rethink opening a new land without it's flagship attraction in the future (although based on the Avengers Crapess it looks like they are doing it all again...)

I really have to assume they never wanted to open like this... but the ROTR issues put them way too far behind to not open the entire thing.

Those visuals sell, and make people who aren't there feel like they're missing something special.

You think the optics of long lines are to excite the park guest and FOMO? Bless your heart.
Enormous lines do not make more people want to go. It's actually quite the opposite.

The shareholders on the other hand...

All they need to do is connect RNRC with Animation Courtyard (whatever/whenever they redo that) and also find a way to connect the dead end to SW where The Incredibles meet, and that park will flow very well (finally).

Last edited: