Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland’s Attendance Issues Summer 2019

Really nice informative article by a man with an impeccable reputation....And, to just add a bit. Yesterday's Mice Chat article said the crowds had returned to Disneyland last week, but the GESWL area crowds were lower than the rest of the park. That's interesting.
In lieu of recent events :jawdrop: (Troy Porter/Gary Snyder/Michael Snyder), I'm taking back my entire statement, although it was probably correct when I wrote it on August 13th. Oh, what a difference a week makes.:popcorn: :lol:

Four shows are being cut after this weekend, reportedly to try and right the spreadsheet after revenue plummeting through the floor.
Sad...Instead of doing what they should have in the first place, actually having entertainment and streetsmosphere in GESWL, the lack of that probably contributed to the soft reception (plus opening before the land was completed), they get arrogant and take stuff away because people didn't buy into their no entertainment version of GESWL. Maybe the Executives who made the no entertainment decisions, and lets make money by opening before the best ride is ready, should take a substantial pay cut. That would probably be more money than the poor Equity actors get paid.

I’m sure once things are back to normal they straight up won’t rehire the performers. That Pixar stage is gonna be unused for a long time.

Anyone see what the attendance levels have been like since the main AP's aren't blocked anymore? Some were predicting massive crowds again for GESWL, but everything seems to have gone quiet.

It’s been up and down. Nothing insane, just pleasant but sometimes heavy crowds. Not what they were expecting for sure though, since I assume the Star Wars “boarding groups” were designed for 69k + days, which never materialized.

I wouldn't say today is D-Day as it's a work day/school day and the day after Labor Day so it's probably gonna be pretty slow tbh. This weekend will be the real test.

I wouldn't say today is D-Day as it's a work day/school day and the day after Labor Day so it's probably gonna be pretty slow tbh. This weekend will be the real test.

Disneyland doesn’t really work like that, it’s a locals hang out and those levels of passes are now unblocked.

Disneyland doesn’t really work like that, it’s a locals hang out and those levels of passes are now unblocked.
I mean, I understand that, but even still, not everyone is gonna go on a Tuesday. The first major day we are gonna see is this Friday.