Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2019 Hurricane Thread

Weather patterns keep on changing... that is the reason that the path is changing... They are saying that a high that was previously keeping it south and directly into Florida has weakened allowing it to drift north instead.

Keep your fingers crossed that the high doesn’t strengthen once again!

Definitely stay alert just to be safe. A lot can change in four days. It's still a little premature to be celebrating. Don't forget that this was Irma's models 4 days out vs. the actual path it took:

I9oV2if.jpg

I recall that Fall tropical storm that sat spinning right on the coast of South Carolina for a week or so, a couple of years ago, and did more damage with the huge repeat rainfalls then it would have done as a hurricane hitting for a day and moving on. That state was in a shambles for weeks with impassable interstate roads & bridges all washed out.

I can tell you that everyone in south Florida right now Is laughing this off. We are still 2 days out from the turn and that will determine where this storm will end up. Let’s remember that the forecast had this making landfall today and it got that wrong.

Definitely stay alert just to be safe. A lot can change in four days. It's still a little premature to be celebrating. Don't forget that this was Irma's models 4 days out vs. the actual path it took:

I9oV2if.jpg

This is quite true...Charlie is another example of a storm that surprised everyone....However, I think the scenario is quite different in this case, although the East Coast should still stay alert

I can tell you that everyone in south Florida right now Is laughing this off. We are still 2 days out from the turn and that will determine where this storm will end up. Let’s remember that the forecast had this making landfall today and it got that wrong.

If anyone is laughing, it’s from those who didn’t survive Andrew. I’d say sigh of relief is the appropriate term.

You say this as if the storm has passed. It can easily make an unexpected turn back in.

As Brian said earlier, Irma wasn’t supposed to take the track it did, but we know how that went.

That's the scary thing about hurricanes. With all the modern technology we have and all the prediction models, they're still wildly unpredictable. Then that's the even scarier thing, in this day and age, people assume that the predictions are always going to be accurate and think they're safe and on the same side of the coin, the same people will be pissed if they're given a warning and it doesn't hit.