2019 Hurricane Thread | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

2019 Hurricane Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
NHC just upgraded it from 160 MPH at 8 AM to 175 MPH at 9:30 AM. This thing is still growing.

180 MPH with the 11 AM update. New cone has yet again shifted west:

145814_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Reactions: CyborgDinosaur
I know I kind of snapped a little about this earlier, but I’m just becoming more and more anxious. According to the new map, Brevard might withstand some serious damage. My parents still live there and they haven’t been able to evacuate. I know it’s trivial, but this is my first hurricane away from them (they insisted on me moving north to evacuate instead of coming down there) and I can’t help but think of the worst case scenario...

They keep saying it’s supposed to make a northern turn, but the closer it gets, the more I’m thinking this thing may run right through Palm Beach before turning.

Don’t get comfortable.

Exactly. Totally a matter of things such as how long it truly stalls out there off the coast. Anything can truly happen. The cone still has us covered for a reason.

12:45pm special update from the NHC has pushed this to 185 MPH. 5 MPH away from tying the strongest hurricane ever in the Atlantic. Unreal

Reactions: Magic-Man
I know I kind of snapped a little about this earlier, but I’m just becoming more and more anxious. According to the new map, Brevard might withstand some serious damage. My parents still live there and they haven’t been able to evacuate. I know it’s trivial, but this is my first hurricane away from them (they insisted on me moving north to evacuate instead of coming down there) and I can’t help but think of the worst case scenario...
I know exactly how you feel. Some people here can be real jerks. Your parents probably have a game plan and hopefully they’ll be safe. A few trees and shingles down are kinda defiant but all I can do is hope for the best. I know some are annoyed by that but I’m all the way in Europe so that’s the best I can help.

Reactions: JoeCamel
They keep saying it’s supposed to make a northern turn, but the closer it gets, the more I’m thinking this thing may run right through Palm Beach before turning.

Don’t get comfortable.
It's going to be nerve racking watching it approach and then turn...It gets very close to the East Coast

Can this hurricane just make up it's freaking mind already? Jesus, I'd take a direct hit at this point if I knew what it was going to do.
This and Irma has been awful in terms of pinpointing what it's going to do

Exactly. Totally a matter of things such as how long it truly stalls out there off the coast. Anything can truly happen. The cone still has us covered for a reason.

Not only that but it is strong and massive. Even if it takes the center path of cone with eye staying offshore, you can still be feeling effects. Forecasts can change too...

Reactions: Tbad556

There's no use in getting worked up on something that we don't have confirmation for. Now that the path is becoming more clear your parents will be making plans.

Hurricanes suck, no lie. I wish everyone the best and the storm greatly weakens in the coming hours.

Reactions: Magic-Man
There's no use in getting worked up on something that we don't have confirmation for. Now that the path is becoming more clear your parents will be making plans.

Hurricanes suck, no lie. I wish everyone the best and the storm greatly weakens in the coming hours.
Problem is it's not going over much land right now so i'm not sure exactly how much it will weaken. Islands like Abaco are tiny.