2019 Hurricane Thread | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

2019 Hurricane Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My guess is parks closed Tuesday and Wednesday with plans to reopen Thursday. TM Preview will most likely be cancelled. Regardless of how the path changes the strength of the storm is too great for them to risk it.

Thinking of everyone. I’m in Orlando but my parents are in NSB so I empathize with anyone with loved ones on the coast that are not evacuating.

MWFrsQg.png

And now we're back to 50/50 landfall chances again. Yay.

It's looking like Tuesday into Wednesday will be the biggest impact on Orlando (assuming things don't change) so I'd guess Tuesday and Wednesday all parks will likely be closed.

I know SeaWorld has been packing away planters, benches, etc, since last week. I noticed this afternoon they've removed the American Flag from the Sky Tower as part of the preparations.

As someone on the west coast, I can't imagine what you southeast-coasters are going through right now. I wish every one of you the best of luck getting through what could be some of the most catastrophic weather in the next few days. Forgive me if this sounds incredibly insensitive, but this is just a question out of curiosity. What does Universal do in preparations for the tented houses for HHN? In any event, I hope you guys have adequately prepared and will safely make it through this week.

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
I’m surprised how that jog to the SW last night was barely mentioned - but yeah, it looks like it did a jog to the north in the early AM. Let’s see if it’s an official start of its movement or just a jog.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Fascinating tidbit I just saw on the news is that because it is spinning in the same place for so long it is actually churning up the ocean waters, pulling colder water to the surface. This of course could lower it’s intensity as hurricanes thrive on very warm water.
This is true, but it is getting ready to enter the very warm waters of the Gulf stream.