Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

A few questions about my upcoming trip!

Aug 7, 2018
Hey all! I am finally returning to Universal in just 3 weeks! Planning a lot right now for my quick 3 night visit. Staying at Surfside which looks nice but I will mainly be at the parks. My boyfriend and I are attending HHN for 1 evening. Mostly plan to enjoy atmosphere and see a few houses. Hopefully will be spending a week next year. Anyways, I haven't been to Universal for quite some time, so I have a few basic questions. I figured this was the right forum to bundle all these in.

- Does IOA have the Hogwarts nighttime show? Our flight gets in early afternoon, and we were hoping to do Hogsmeade from around 3/4 pm on, and were hoping the show was at night so that could top off our day.

- Also, does 3 broomsticks serve beer? If so, any recommendations? We typically like IPAs, Red Ale's, Stouts, anything fruity.

- Is the Horror Make Up show running during HHN? As in, does it run during the event in the evening or close with the park in the afternoon? Also, is the show generally more popular during this time of year? Definitely want to take my boyfriend to this one.

- Is Fast & Furious return ticket system similar to Fallon?

- If we were to do Volcano Bay towards closing, does the park weed out or is it pretty packed normally until closing? Hoping for good weather, mainly just interested in the Aqua coaster and the awesome theming it seems to have.

- Any drink recommendations at the Aventura rooftop bar? Really wanting to check that out for at least a drink.

Sorry if thats a lot of questions lol. Resort has changed a bunch since Ive been! New Hulk, Volcano Bay, Fast and Furious, first time at HHN, new restaurants, should be a great first trip for my boyfriend, and my 7th trip, and first since the first weekend Fallon opened! I thank you in advance for any help and tricks/tips!

- Does IOA have the Hogwarts nighttime show? Our flight gets in early afternoon, and we were hoping to do Hogsmeade from around 3/4 pm on, and were hoping the show was at night so that could top off our day.

Depends on which night you go, show times are on their website. They'll usually update the schedule two weeks out or so.

- Also, does 3 broomsticks serve beer? If so, any recommendations? We typically like IPAs, Red Ale's, Stouts, anything fruity.

Yes they serve beer, Touring Plans has a list of the beer there. No IPAs, but Hogs Heade is a red ale. Also check out the attached Hogshead Pub, it's located in the back of Three Broomsticks or to the right of the main entrance. There they have more draft options.

- Is the Horror Make Up show running during HHN? As in, does it run during the event in the evening or close with the park in the afternoon? Also, is the show generally more popular during this time of year? Definitely want to take my boyfriend to this one.

Nope, doesn't run during HHN. Use the same site listed above for show times.

- Is Fast & Furious return ticket system similar to Fallon?

Sorta? I think it depends on the time of year. So far I haven't seen it run.

- If we were to do Volcano Bay towards closing, does the park weed out or is it pretty packed normally until closing? Hoping for good weather, mainly just interested in the Aqua coaster and the awesome theming it seems to have.

It usually weeds out, especially after a storm.

- Any drink recommendations at the Aventura rooftop bar? Really wanting to check that out for at least a drink.

While the drinks are good do note that sometimes they have fruit or garnish pieces in it. For me that's annoying when drinking out of a straw. I honestly don't remember the menu to give suggestions.

Depends on which night you go, show times are on their website. They'll usually update the schedule two weeks out or so.

Yes they serve beer, Touring Plans has a list of the beer there. No IPAs, but Hogs Heade is a red ale. Also check out the attached Hogshead Pub, it's located in the back of Three Broomsticks or to the right of the main entrance. There they have more draft options.

Nope, doesn't run during HHN. Use the same site listed above for show times.

Sorta? I think it depends on the time of year. So far I haven't seen it run.

It usually weeds out, especially after a storm.

While the drinks are good do note that sometimes they have fruit or garnish pieces in it. For me that's annoying when drinking out of a straw. I honestly don't remember the menu to give suggestions.
You’re the man Joe. I appreciate your thoughtful answers. I do remember you or someone else mentioning the red ale so I’m going to give that a shot 100%. Horror make up will 100% be a daytime event then! Again, appreciated!

Pretty solid stout available only in Diagon, as well. Not as big a fan of the red there (different with the A-B red they sell in Hogsmeade), but worth a shot if you're in the land anyway. In Diagon, I think Wizard's Brew is the stout, Dragon Scale is the red, but I could have those reversed.

Pretty solid stout available only in Diagon, as well. Not as big a fan of the red there (different with the A-B red they sell in Hogsmeade), but worth a shot if you're in the land anyway. In Diagon, I think Wizard's Brew is the stout, Dragon Scale is the red, but I could have those reversed.
Good advice and much appreciated. Definitely going to give both red’s a shot

Dragon's Scale is the red, and it is available in both parks. It's my go-to these days, and you can get it at Hog's Head, Hopping Pot, and Fountain of Fair Fortune, in addition to the two restaurants. :cheers: