2019 Hurricane Thread | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

2019 Hurricane Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anybody know of any places to donate to for the Bahamas? I'm glad that everyone here is safe, but the Bahamas weren't as lucky.
Send money to the Queen of England. I wonder what the commonwealth's response will be and how timely.

Anybody know of any places to donate to for the Bahamas? I'm glad that everyone here is safe, but the Bahamas weren't as lucky.

I'll be in Atlantis in two weeks after Universal/Vero Beach. Thought about cancelling, but Nassau really didn't take much damage. I'm still going to bring a couple "toss away" checked bags with some basic medical supplies (bandaids/OTC/gauze) and all the D batteries I can muster without going over weight. Also some canned dog and cat food. Kids will bring a couple toss away backpacks. I don't believe there will be any places on hand to drop things off, but I assume Atlantis will have a donation area. If nothing else, we'll just give it to the locals.

Cash donations are always best. Bahamas Methodist Habitat is a group I was referred to elsewhere who does a lot of work down there.

It's a Commonwealth country. Red Cross would be another option. One would think the monarchy would be spearheading humanitarian effort.

Yeah Ocala has barely gotten any rain or wind. Super thankful since a week ago it was heading right for us.

Another great day to be at the parks today (with the airport closed this has helped too, as no one has been able to fly in). Longest waits at WDW are SR at 80 and FOP at 45, everything else 30 or below. At Universal, Hagrid is sitting at 20 minutes right now, with everything else looking like a walk on.

That was the craziest hurricane weekend I've had yet, and we didn't even get hit. Weather channel playing on every TV, checking the NHC's website every 3 hours and other models as they updated, preparing everything in between.

Luckily we (Fort Lauderdale) didn't get anything worse than some rain bands and the occasional wind gust of 20-30mph. We also didn't put up the shutters since we had plenty of family members (who live in buildings with according shutters/ hurricane windows) on standby to help us, saving us the trouble of taking them down.

Tested the new generator I got on prime day, worked perfectly.

Bought about $300 worth of non-perishables when it was looking like we would be getting hit, will be donating for Bahamas relief when I get home tonight.

Unfortunately I think Florida used up our luck for the next few years with Dorian, check out the wind history so far:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 2.03.47 PM.jpg

mind boggling

Now that the hurricane is passing, can Starbucks be reopen? I've recently seen a poor man devastated on Twitter about not being able to get a pumpkin spice latte because of the hurricane.

Just another of the billion reasons @Brian G. should block any links to his ride videos that may be linked on this site. The douchebag even thanked Dorian for the low lines and then subsequently pulled the "I pay your wages, Starbucks employees" line.

Don't give that scumbag a penny.

Here is a link to numerous verified relief groups that you can donate to.

How to help Hurricane Dorian victims - CNN

this is important because they work with the Bahamian and/or US governments to get supplies over there. Rubio was on NPR this morning explaining why and asking private citizens from venturing over on personal water/air craft with supplies because it actually makes the situation worse (listen to the segment for explanation).

for those who don't know, the western side of Freeport is only about 50-60 miles from the Florida coast, and only takes 1.5-2 hours via fast boat to get there.

Reactions: Andysol