Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

Harry Potter is not popular in China either (in fact Detective Pikachu outdrew it). But I figure they are banking on it being a quality land and hopefully translating well to the market...

But this is more of a clone park of best hits rather than a fully fleshed out project designed for the market (like Epic Universe seems to be).

I'm not sure if Nintendo is even really that popular in China?

I don't think the fact that they are already doing 4 SNW's would stop them putting one here, more likely it just wasn't an IP that worked in the extensive GP surveying they did for IP's to use in this park.

To bring up, Nintendo and Tencent are both trying to get the Switch to China, and even showed it off at a Chinese tech event just last week with massive lines.

I wouldn't be shocked once it's legally approved for China, that Universal may look into the idea of SNW for Beijing.

To bring up, Nintendo and Tencent are both trying to get the Switch to China, and even showed it off at a Chinese tech event just last week with massive lines.

I wouldn't be shocked once it's legally approved for China, that Universal may look into the idea of SNW for Beijing.
Maybe but it seems like they focusing on Chinese IPs for any new park built.

Most events in China have massive lines due to their huge population within their cities but it doesn't necessarily reflect the GP.

Harry Potter is not popular in China either (in fact Detective Pikachu outdrew it). But I figure they are banking on it being a quality land and hopefully translating well to the market...

But this is more of a clone park of best hits rather than a fully fleshed out project designed for the market (like Epic Universe seems to be).

I wouldn't look to much into this when the film was produced by a Chinese owned and headquartered company.

img_9104.jpg

img_7762.jpg

img_7761.jpg

More pics on themeparx have been posted and this is a couple.

Last edited:
Details have finally come out for two of the hotels opening alongside Universal Beijing: The Universal Studios Grand Hotel & The NUO Resort Hotel

upload_2019-9-4_8-8-7.png

As the first- ever Universal-themed hotel, The Universal Studios Grand Hotel, resplendent in classic, dazzling glory, will offer a contemporary interpretation of the Hollywood Golden Age. Designed in classic Spanish style, the hotel’s 800 rooms will be positioned at the entrance to the Universal Studios Beijing theme park and serve as a beacon of relaxation and escape for guests. The Universal Studios Grand Hotel will present an authentic, Universal-themed, resort-style vacation that will immerse guests in the company’s century-long contribution to the film industry and celebrate the glamour of the Golden Age itself. The hotel’s décor and detail will completely surround guests with the world of film and their favorite movies.

upload_2019-9-4_8-7-47.png

The NUO Resort Hotel – Universal Beijing Resort will offer a luxurious and picturesque escape exemplifying the beauty of China’s ancient royal garden. It is the first-ever resort hotel from NUO, one of the country’s first homegrown luxury hotel brands. Inspired by the Chinese traditional cultural and artistic achievements, featuring modern meets simplicity, this hotel will mix business with pleasure and art with technology, as well as sustainability. Located beside the park’s waterway and designed to create the feel of a private retreat, the approximately 400-room NUO Resort Hotel represents a tranquil island amidst the fast-paced energy of the resort. Guests will immerse themselves in rich Chinese culture heritage and modern elegance – in a palatial resort where eastern and western elements are kept in perfect harmony and Chinese luxury hospitality is a priority.

The hotels, led by a group effort of Universal Parks and Resorts, the Beijing Tourism Group, and Kempinski Hotels will open alongside the new park.

News Detail

That's what I thought after posting, I can't imagine they'd be prepared to change the layout for here and not in Orlando when they rebuilt it.

It's crazy, there's only been 2 new sitting coasters since Hulk debuted by B&M.

Beijing's Hulk clone is actually completely re-profiled, so you're correct that the zero-g roll looks different. The supports are in different places too, and the cobra roll is much shallower than ours.