Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

This is a must watch for those that want to be disappointed about what was possible using a carousel ride system. THIS is truly what a carousel+ is.

The sheer mechanics of how that ride would work boggles my mind. Just how would Disney get the horses on a mini-carousel to break away and move along a path? And of course they'd have to modify seating that you'd normally get on such a ride to prevent people from just jumping off mid-course.

The sheer mechanics of how that ride would work boggles my mind. Just how would Disney get the horses on a mini-carousel to break away and move along a path? And of course they'd have to modify seating that you'd normally get on such a ride to prevent people from just jumping off mid-course.

They would just have to create the ILLUSION that you're on a carousel. Which I'm sure they could do using some turntable technology..

Mary Poppins Returns wasn't that good BUT it did have some "magical" moments. Enchanted Tales with Belle DID have some impressive technological moments when it first opened. We could probably do some Google Earth and temper our expectations right now. Chances of a show building for anything major fitting back there are slim to none.

Obviously a ride would be better but we shouldn't hate on an indoor effects-driven walk through show. Not in this heat...
A Fantasyland level dark ride can fit so the plot of land isn't THAT small. Of course those old-school fantasyland rides weren't all that big either. Enchanted Tales could easily fit back in the expansion space. I don't know how much of it they plan to use, but there's a decent enough amount for an old school fantasyland dark ride, for sure. That's not what i'm expecting though.
0MjvdT0.jpg

Enchanted Tales with Belle, but with Mary Poppins.
If it was the original Enchanted Tales concept, I’m all about it. If it’s Cardboard cutout Enchanted Tales, however...

With the Skyliner coming into operation. This and the Rat is going to be one of the first places a lot of guests will first approach. It seems like a weird place to half ass something.
*Looks at Shrek and DM*

I swear to god if Disney slaps two preshows and installs this carousel in a show building...
You’re likely going to wish it was this when it’s all said and done.

If it was the original Enchanted Tales concept, I’m all about it. If it’s Cardboard cutout Enchanted Tales, however...

I can't remember, what was the original Enchanted Tales concept? Or at least a link to somewhere I can read it, if you don't mind. TIA!

There's more than enough room back there for a great dark ride if you take away the trailer and parking lot behind the event building.

Yeah, I normally don't agree with many of the insiders, but I do believe we are going to be disappointed as well. As many have already said, some sort of dark ride would be nice... ala Peter Pan maybe, but Chapek did say "attraction" and not "ride". In the concept art, you can see two people on the 2nd floor. Maybe it's a walkthrough of the Banks house with some decent AA's and special effects? Here's hoping for the best, but expecting not to be overwhelmed.

Yeah, I normally don't agree with many of the insiders, but I do believe we are going to be disappointed as well. As many have already said, some sort of dark ride would be nice... ala Peter Pan maybe, but Chapek did say "attraction" and not "ride". In the concept art, you can see two people on the 2nd floor. Maybe it's a walkthrough of the Banks house with some decent AA's and special effects? Here's hoping for the best, but expecting not to be overwhelmed.
I mean, a walkthrough will still be nice, but a ride would be much preferred.

If it's a proper walkthrough attraction (and not just a dressed-up meet-and-greet like Enchanted Tales), I could accept it. Something on the order of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, or the castle tours in the various Disneyland parks around the world.

I'd still prefer a ride, obviously, but as long as it's something more ambitious than "Arts and Crafts with Mary," it could add value to the park.

As others have said, if this were a ride id suspect it would have been stated. I think a walk through of the Banks house is actually a good idea. I hope they have the earth shake like they do in the movies and we all have to hang onto everything like they do in the films. Could be fun honestly. Not everything is gonna be an E ticket attraction.

I'm not opposed to an indoor flat if they add something unique to it like tielo suggested.