Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Well then. That will make the day a lot nicer. Will probably hit single rider for Smugglers then, but who ever my wife engineers for is gonna have a bad time.
It only had a wait for about the opening 6 hours. Been open to everyone ever since.

Great photos @Brian G. The market night lighting is great but I’ve thought before, the lighting package on the rockwork is bizarre and somewhat ott? Not a great look imo.

Seeing pictures of DHS’ GE has me feeling surprised that Disney chose to build identical Batuus on both coasts of the US. I’m starting to realize how much more potential there could have been in different lands or an entire park at WDW dedicated to SW. Guess it’s just hindsight after experiencing DL’s and seeing the lackluster responses to both iterations.

I think the problem is that this has not existed in any other media (except comics, novels, and a brief possible shot in Star Tours, all fairly recent) where as people have wanted to step into Diagon Alley since the first book and subsequent movie adaptation.

Yesterday's Touring Plans 'actual' test waits in line for the Falcon...7 test wait in stand by lines through the entire day, waits were from a low of 20 minutes to a high of 58 minutes. Great time to visit the new land.

I find it amusing that you can buy lightsabers and droids, but not use them in the land, and buy costumes, but not wear them. Imagine if Diagon Alley sold robes you couldn't wear and wands you couldn't use. LOL
Night and day difference. They don't know just how important this is needed.

I find it amusing that you can buy lightsabers and droids, but not use them in the land, and buy costumes, but not wear them. Imagine if Diagon Alley sold robes you couldn't wear and wands you couldn't use. LOL
Or wands not being able to be taken out of the box lol.

Hot Take: The low crowds are more due to locals going back to school than anything with the Hurricane.

When has school ever stopped someone from visiting ?

Maybe before 2011? It hasn't been slow in September for almost a decade.

Universal still has slow seasons. Weekdays in September, January/February are a dream. WDW simply doesn't. There are "slower" times, but the crowds are still crushing.

After the complaints of Toy Story Land, you'd think they'd find a way to make sure they didn't repeat this mistake again - but alas, here we are.

I'm curious if they'll add some shade elements like they recently added to Slinky's queue?

Lightsabers, I get. Kids would be idiots fighting with each other and many nimrod parents would allow it.

Droids would be a massive marketing tool. Although I could see people wanting to touch them as it's not on your person. So that might create conflict or possible breakage/replacement.

But clothes/costumes? That's the dumbest. It would do nothing but add to the charm of the land much like the robes do in WWoHP.

The irony is that those wands are useless outside the land.
As opposed to Lightsabers, which are incredibly useful for home defense.
Or Banshees, which fly around your home.
Or Droids, which can retrieve mail from the mailbox and walk your dog.

What, outside of t-shirts and coffee mugs, are 'useful' outside any theme park land?

The droids are supposed to work in the land.

Also COME ON dude, really?
The driods interact with the land but they are meant to be kept in the box or buy the fancy backpack. Practically speaking having everyone playing with their driods would be a disaster. Imagine someone accidentally kicks your driod and breaks it. I also don't want to see Star Wars dorks playing with their light sabers and hurting each other.

The irony is that those wands are useless outside the land. I think it is an apples and oranges comparison. Of course wands are designed to be used in the land. Sabers and driods not so much.
Ya, which kinda makes them genius since if you buy one you'll want to actually be in the park all day using it. We can agree to disagree. I can understand why you don't want to people tossing around lightsabers but idk, just seems like those could add a lot more life to this land. As someone said, imagine the Wizarding World without wands and school Robes. Makes the fans get less excited. SWGE certainly is not bad but there are just some major glaring mistakes at opening and its showing with the crowds. I still think as well, Batuu was not a good choice. Fans want familiarity.

Lightsabers have been sold in the parks for years. I bought one a couple years ago with my best friend and we played with it. No one ever came and said stop.

the only reason why Disney doesn’t want people with them out is because they expected the land to be packed with people (which it isn’t...)
The backstory that oh you can’t have them out because you might call attention to yourself is an excuse. They expected the land to be at capacity and they didn’t want people playing with the lightsabers. Obviously the land hasn’t had this issue. I give it till after the New Years crush and then you’ll see this rule phased out.

I'm curious if they'll add some shade elements like they recently added to Slinky's queue?

They could. Some of the fixes are easy - like putting a canopy over Bay 7's outdoor seating, along with more fans and installing fans in the Falcon queue. The Outdoor Market is just bad design. They could add bandaids, but ultimately it'll probably need to be closed off and redone to make it better.