Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland’s Attendance Issues Summer 2019

The low crowds today are definitely a sign that there is a lot more going on than low level passes being blocked out all summer or people being disappointed with Galaxy's Edge. Both of those were factors, but I think larger economic factors are starting to affect the Parks. I'm not an expert on the economy, but from personal experience and the experience of people I know, the job market for jobs paying a living wage is currently garbage for people not in tech.

Also keep in mind that 1 day tickets and in general tickets are ballooned to ridiculous amounts. 149$ this week and the entire summer, and then 119$ for the rest of the year. It’s unreal how ludicrous pricing at theme parks in general has gotten

Disney sure got way too GREEDY for their own good. The raises in the past 18 months hit the pure ridiculous level. They definitely misunderstood what people would pay just to get in to see a half done Star Wars land.

I do feel that the base ticket prices for both Universal resorts, are too expensive either. But difference there is Universal has ticket deals or good AP offers regardless. Knotts and other local parks offer cheap annual passes to counter expensive tickets, and because of this, are thriving. Knotts is having a fantastic year, it’s comfortable while Disneyland is suffering.

Ultimately for me, I feel it boils down to three things. The land being unfinished, the automatic assumption that Star Wars = Money and the severe overpricing of the summer. 150$ a day is not sustainable. It’s too expensive now.

I guess it’s a good thing they didn’t go along with that luxury hotel idea, right?

I do feel that the base ticket prices for both Universal resorts, are too expensive either. But difference there is Universal has ticket deals or good AP offers regardless. Knotts and other local parks offer cheap annual passes to counter expensive tickets, and because of this, are thriving. Knotts is having a fantastic year, it’s comfortable while Disneyland is suffering.

Ultimately for me, I feel it boils down to three things. The land being unfinished, the automatic assumption that Star Wars = Money and the severe overpricing of the summer. 150$ a day is not sustainable. It’s too expensive now.

I guess it’s a good thing they didn’t go along with that luxury hotel idea, right?

When Tim was at USH... I was shook when he mentioned the cost of a one day ticket...

While I agree this is also a bad idea, I was specifically talking about the dumb hotel that was gonna be built at the end of DTD. looking at it now, imagine going through with those plans while these numbers happen all summer? Hahaha, they dodged such a bullet.
When Tim was at USH... I was shook when he mentioned the cost of a one day ticket...
Yeah, it’s a bit wild how expensive it is to visit USH as a tourist. I honestly think it’s a bigger rip off than Disneyland (because at least Disneyland is a full theme park experience.) but, USH has extremely cheap APs to make it a good value for me and other people.

While I agree this is also a bad idea, I was specifically talking about the dumb hotel that was gonna be built at the end of DTD. looking at it now, imagine going through with those plans while these numbers happen all summer? Hahaha, they dodged such a bullet.

Yeah, it’s a bit wild how expensive it is to visit USH as a tourist. I honestly think it’s a bigger rip off than Disneyland (because at least Disneyland is a full theme park experience.) but, USH has extremely cheap APs to make it a good value for me and other people.

Yeah... It's gross... I don't know if it will be on my list of places to go at those prices... At least Disneyland is still a value for the amount of entertainment you get.

Day 2 of all AP's unblocked: Looking at Touring Plans 12:20 PM (Pacific Time) line times, it appears to be even slower than Tuesday was in both parks. Falcon posted at 25 minutes. Rest of the park attractions are walk ons or just barely over a walk on. Park hours 8 AM until Midnight.

Disneyland has value, regular, and peak day prices. The problem is they have their calendar messed up. They have too many peak days. Peak days should be reserved for just the Christmas season and few of the busiest of the busy days. Most of Summer should have been regular days. Most weekdays in September should be value days.

I’m sure the last thing they want to do is any kind of price lowering of tickets or annual passes. It would be a sign of defeat for the company. The $99 AP park hopper deal during the SUMMER was the first sign of waiving the white flag.

Day Three of all AP's unblocked. Early entry 7:00AM. Regular hours: 8 AM to Midnight....Touring Plans app. at 11:14 Pacific Coast Time....Both Parks as dead as a doorknob. .....Yes, Monday will be interesting. That may indicate how much of an effect the huge price increases had....but then again? I guess we'll see.

I love Maxpass even if it is not busy. I almost never wait in SB because on slow days there are plenty of fast passes. Also the pictures that come with it is worth the $15 in my opinion.

That's a good point, I think a 3 day MaxPass is about the same price as the photo pass alone so everything else is just a bonus.

The park was dead all morning yesterday and then once the evening hit they got SLAMMED with guests. Crazy long lines for the popcorn buckets, haunted mansion holiday, and crowds of people trying to watch the Halloween fireworks.