Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

I haven't been to MK since I was a very little kid, but I do remember the tea cups being inside? Happy to corrected if I'm wrong but just saying.

well this is unfortunate for me, I get sick on most flat rides. going in circles for eternity (even slow moving carousel or Ferris wheel) gets me really sick.

fun fact - George Ferris is a fraternity brother of mine (Rensselaer Society of Engineers)

Given the elaborate facade this is getting, I would expect the design and theme of the actual ride (even a flat, if that's what is is) will be of similar quality.

Or at least, it better be, otherwise they shouldn't be building Cherry Tree Lane along with it. It sets up certain expectations.

An indoor flat ride is very .... regional theme park imo
True, my local park also has an indoor carousel. It looks terrible.
1024x576-carrousel-theater-voorzijde.jpg

Eft_Carrousel.jpg

efteling.jpg

Given the elaborate facade this is getting, I would expect the design and theme of the actual ride (even a flat, if that's what is is) will be of similar quality.

Or at least, it better be, otherwise they shouldn't be building Cherry Tree Lane along with it. It sets up certain expectations.

This is my worry. Of course, Disney would make an indoor flat gorgeous, but having a full Cherry Tree Lane facade and telling people there’s a Mary Poppins ride inside, people will expect a dark ride or something of that caliber. As soon as you put a ride inside, it makes people think it’s grand. Add in the fact that it’ll have a low height requirement in a park that doesn’t have a lot of kid-aimed attractions, and I think this poor carousel could get disproportionately slammed with people. To some degree, we’ve seen that with Navi River Journey, and while, yes, it’s a beautiful ride and I enjoy it, the waits were consistently over and hour and a lot of people expressed disappointment. If Disney isn’t really clear about what the Mary Poppins Ride is (if it ends up being a ride), guest expectations could cause issues for what’s intended to be a cute little addition.

If we were lucky enough to get a dark ride I'd imagine the capacity would be fairly low and the wait times would probably be pretty substantial but then again all of the big rides at Epcot are so far away from each other maybe the crowds would be thinner naturally

I just can't imagine this being anything other than a immersive and highly themed walk through of the banks house. Especially since you can easily see people on the 2nd floor of the house. Idk, when was the last time an "attraction" was announced that turned out to be a ride? I feel the word "ride" would have been used if that were in the plans.

I just can't imagine this being anything other than a immersive and highly themed walk through of the banks house. Especially since you can easily see people on the 2nd floor of the house. Idk, when was the last time an "attraction" was announced that turned out to be a ride? I feel the word "ride" would have been used if that were in the plans.
I wouldn't doubt Martin. From the sound of it, they hadn't decided on which project to go forward with when they announced it, so that would explain why they simply said "attraction".

I wouldn't doubt Martin. From the sound of it, they hadn't decided on which project to go forward with when they announced it, so that would explain why they simply said "attraction".
May be true, I just see no need for an announcement then. Of course some things always get changed after they're announced but I mean if they aren't sure of what they're doing I just don't understand announcing it.

May be true, I just see no need for an announcement then. Of course some things always get changed after they're announced but I mean if they aren't sure of what they're doing I just don't understand announcing it.
Disney announces things all the time without knowing what they’re doing. Pandora anyone? MK Theater? Downtown Disney overhaul? Fantasyland Expansion? Etc, etc.

Disney announces things all the time without knowing what they’re doing. Pandora anyone? MK Theater? Downtown Disney overhaul? Fantasyland Expansion? Etc, etc.
Right, and my question is why! Universal announces things when they open, and Disney announces Blue Sky concepts. Ugh, just meet us somewhere in the middle!

that’s just the way Disney has operated always. Remember when Disneyland added Edison square to park maps...
Not saying there needs to be a ton of backlash but I'm surprised Disney seems to receive very little to no backlash for stuff that they announce which never happen. Budget cuts happen, but idk I feel Disney is ridiculous with this. As I've said on other thread, its great knowing whats coming officially but Disney announces things too early to the point I lost excitement. Like Pandora took what, 7 years? So much can happen in 7 years lol

Not saying there needs to be a ton of backlash but I'm surprised Disney seems to receive very little to no backlash for stuff that they announce which never happen. Budget cuts happen, but idk I feel Disney is ridiculous with this. As I've said on other thread, its great knowing whats coming officially but Disney announces things too early to the point I lost excitement. Like Pandora took what, 7 years? So much can happen in 7 years lol

Yep. Disney announces projects without having an idea what it’s going to be. Look back at the Disney decade. The majority became vaporware.

Wasn’t there a Poppins ride concept for MK when the park was originally being designed? I believe it was to be built in place of Peter Pan before the company decided to copy over Disneyland’s original rides. A simple fantasyland dark ride would be lovely in that back corner.

Yep. Disney announces projects without having an idea what it’s going to be. Look back at the Disney decade. The majority became vaporware.

Wasn’t there a Poppins ride concept for MK when the park was originally being designed? I believe it was to be built in place of Peter Pan before the company decided to copy over Disneyland’s original rides. A simple fantasyland dark ride would be lovely in that back corner.
Cant speak to the dark ride, but its just crazy to me what gets announced and doesn't come through. As a consumer, I'm not sure what kind of business model that is. Granted, its not like they're announcing the Guardians coaster or an E ticket then don't follow through (at least to my knowledge) but announcing extra attractions, or more immersive elements, or new shows, or smaller rides then not delivering just makes me question anything they announce and frankly temper my excitement for it. Do they want tempered excitement?