Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Did anyone even realize that the belt had been moving more slowly than intended? First I have heard of it.

I wonder how new robotic characters not working is handled. Was Universal given a tool box by the vendor to fix it themself or does the vendor receive a squawking phone call...

Rode tonight 3 times b/c of low crowds - the moving walkway is FINALLY at full speed! Moves almost as fast as FJ now, it caught me off guard. Exciting times!
Curious if they’re testing it out because of low crowds, or if it’s going to be like that full time.

Did it seem to make the line move faster, by chance?

Did anyone even realize that the belt had been moving more slowly than intended? First I have heard of it.
First I ever heard about it as well.
I don’t recall anyone saying anything before.

Line seems to move fast when it's operational, perhaps even faster than the wait time shows. I was in line on Sunday afternoon, said it was a 100 minute wait, got to the final room in about fifty minutes but the ride shut down.

I know they’ve had major issues with Fluffy

I've never seen the first (as you approach) Fluffy head working, and on most rides it seems like the other two heads are in b-mode. As for Hagrid, I have had ONE perfect ride with the full, perfectly timed lip-sync - it was GLORIOUS. However, I get the feeling Hagrid's lipsync will be about as reliable as Hermione's at the start of Forbidden Journey

I've never seen the first (as you approach) Fluffy head working, and on most rides it seems like the other two heads are in b-mode. As for Hagrid, I have had ONE perfect ride with the full, perfectly timed lip-sync - it was GLORIOUS. However, I get the feeling Hagrid's lipsync will be about as reliable as Hermione's at the start of Forbidden Journey

I've only been once a week or so ago and everything was working just fine, except for the fog in the scrute scene.

How does the queue/locker system work if you are there at rope drop? Will I have to go drop my bag in a locker then join the back if the queue or can I leave the queue once it reaches Hogsmeade and dump my bag, then join where I was?

Hoping to finally get to ride this 1 week from today, the 24th. What is the current best way to improve chances of a lower wait time? Arrive at 8.30am for 9am opening? What sort of queue times have people seen at that time of day recently?

Are we thinking this ride eventually gets made and put into other Hogsmeade's across Universal parks all over the world? I know this thing JUST opened and they're still working on it, but not sure if nay of the insiders know if they're going to replicate the ride or not. It'd be kinda cool knowing that either Diagon Alley or Hagrid's were Orlando exclusives.

Are we thinking this ride eventually gets made and put into other Hogsmeade's across Universal parks all over the world? I know this thing JUST opened and they're still working on it, but not sure if nay of the insiders know if they're going to replicate the ride or not. It'd be kinda cool knowing that either Diagon Alley or Hagrid's were Orlando exclusives.

I’d ride jaws in Japan soon.