Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2019

Here’s a return to Halloween Horror Nights in Japan.

Mini Review

HHN in Japan is a completely different beast from anywhere else in the world. Not only does the event go all day and is free with a one day ticket but the guests make it crazy as well. With very few exceptions you are allowed to fully cosplay.

A strange thing about this event is about every hour that the scareactors are out they stop and put on a big dance number. This year every zone had its own musical motif that they played off of.

The scarezones are filled with very limited props as they don’t close the park from day operations to Hhn. But their costumes are amazing. For the first year they tried to get away from just using zombies and really mixed it up with some horrifying creatures, some that are larger than life!

HHN Japan houses

1. Hands down the best thing at Hhn* was Hotel Albert 2: Requiem. The only caveat is that it was 100% in Japanese and if your not a bit knowledgeable in it, I’d recommend skipping it. Also it’s the only upgrade attraction at about 50 bucks to do but you get a free drink at the end of an hour and thirty minute experience. However to go in you must sign an NDA. So the closest thing I could compare this to would be sleep no more.

2. Biohazard 2 the extREme (Resident Evil 2) Leon Course

There is two different resident evil attractions Leon course and Claire course and they are both pretty similar but the bread winner is Leon’s experience. You head into the Raccoon City Police Department in a group of 10 to sneak through hallways filled with zombies, solve puzzles, pass a licker and bosses from RE, and finally get an SMG to shoot on a final boss.

3. Biohazard the extREme Claire course.

Very similar to the Leon side. It’s awesome to be asked by the actors to do things in a haunt leading up to a scare.

4. Area 51

Woooo boy, they knew what they were doing when they made this attraction! The outside has videos of conspiracy nuts saying they have proof of aliens and a guy filming inside Area 51. This 25 minute attraction yes twenty five minute haunt, puts you in a preshow that shows that aliens have taken over the base and you are saved by a security team. You make your way through the maze inside the base until you make it into the main research area. Huge alien puppets liter this section as you are asked to quietly escape. My favorite part was where you reached an armory and two aliens fire guns at you. One behind and one in front, also one has a mini gun for some reason. You escape on a ufo and are blown up by the government. You can tell the people who made this house were having fun!

5. Cult of Chucky

This is a returning house that has been here for 3 years. It’s great but it’s just returned to much for I.

Converted rides

1. The Ring takes over terminator.

This is one of the most uncomfortable experiences I’ve had in a theme park. What starts as a normal terminator show changes as the girl from the ring takes it over. The best part about this show is when you first see the girl the audience claps like crazy because she is a Japanese icon. And then she torments you for 5 minutes jumping around the room showing up everywhere.

2. Space fantasy the black hole

To tie into the monster theme this year in the scarezones chaos labs sends into their dimension. It’s a spinning rollercoaster that’s just pitch black. It’s spooky and scary.

3. Blood legend some girls travel to Europe they get killed by vampires. Skip it.

And that is a review of Hhn in Japan. Any questions? If you prefer to see what a normal day there is like I recommend clicking that link!