Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

An I.P. land Extravaganza Event!

Jan 18, 2013
Orlando Florida
I did it! Today I visited Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I made sure to hit up all the big Intellectual Property lands that have been built in the past decade: Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, Toy Story Land, Galaxy’s Edge, and Pandora.
I made a point to ride all the big ticket attractions in each land (as well as fit in a few other big rides...Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Mummy, MIB, Jurassic Park, Skull Island Reign of Kong, Expedition Everest) and I’m still amazed I was able to fit so much in in less than 7 hours in the parks!

Doing them all back to back today, I rank them as follows:

1. Hogsmeade
2. Diagon Alley
3. Pandora
4. Galaxy’s Edge
5. Toy Story Land

Hogsmeade still takes the cake for me, even though it’s the oldest. It has the best attractions of all the lands, some great dining and shopping, and it just holds up so well.

Diagon Alley is the most immersive in my opinion, but needs more attractions to move it up in the rankings.

Pandora is the most beautiful...and gives both a thrilling and easy ride, but needs more.

Galaxy’s Edge May be the largest, but it just leaves so much to be desired for me. I’m sure things will change after Rise of the Resistance opens.

Toy Story Land definitely falls to last place. Needs more shade, more food options, more rides.

All in all, an amazing day!

Has anybody else attempted this yet?

I did it! Today I visited Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I made sure to hit up all the big Intellectual Property lands that have been built in the past decade: Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, Toy Story Land, Galaxy’s Edge, and Pandora.
I made a point to ride all the big ticket attractions in each land (as well as fit in a few other big rides...Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Mummy, MIB, Jurassic Park, Skull Island Reign of Kong, Expedition Everest) and I’m still amazed I was able to fit so much in in less than 7 hours in the parks!

Doing them all back to back today, I rank them as follows:

1. Hogsmeade
2. Diagon Alley
3. Pandora
4. Galaxy’s Edge
5. Toy Story Land

Hogsmeade still takes the cake for me, even though it’s the oldest. It has the best attractions of all the lands, some great dining and shopping, and it just holds up so well.

Diagon Alley is the most immersive in my opinion, but needs more attractions to move it up in the rankings.

Pandora is the most beautiful...and gives both a thrilling and easy ride, but needs more.

Galaxy’s Edge May be the largest, but it just leaves so much to be desired for me. I’m sure things will change after Rise of the Resistance opens.

Toy Story Land definitely falls to last place. Needs more shade, more food options, more rides.

All in all, an amazing day!

Has anybody else attempted this yet?

nope, years later (and Dis AP passes dropped) we still haven't been to any of the new Disney lands.

Just a question. In what order would you have rated Hogsmeade & Diagon before Hagrid's Coaster opened? My pre Hagrid ratings had Diagon in first place, but I've thought that Hagrid's would probably move it ahead of Diagon, in my thoughts. I didn't like Dragons Challenge at all, it made me nauseous, so even when that was operating, I liked Diagon better.

Just a question. In what order would you have rated Hogsmeade & Diagon before Hagrid's Coaster opened? My pre Hagrid ratings had Diagon in first place, but I've thought that Hagrid's would probably move it ahead of Diagon, in my thoughts. I didn't like Dragons Challenge at all, it made me nauseous, so even when that was operating, I liked Diagon better.
I actually loved the Dragons, but they were sort of out of theme for the Potter areas..I probably would have ranked Diagon over Hogsmeade.

Diagon #1 before and after. FJ still gets me sick so each land pretty much has one ride for me now; and I disagree with whoever said shopping/dining is better in Hogsmeade in whatever thread that was.

Diagon #1 before and after. FJ still gets me sick so each land pretty much has one ride for me now; and I disagree with whoever said shopping/dining is better in Hogsmeade in whatever thread that was.
I'd also give the edge for shopping to Diagon. And Diagon with an edge for Dining/Food/ Drinks since they have more venues. I give Three Broomsticks a very slight edge over Leaky Cauldron since I like Three Broomsticks food selection a tad better, though I'd rate them even on atmosphere and ambiance.