Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

I watched a portion of The Bourne Identity recently and the part with the bikes made me wonder if the attraction would be similar but rethemed/no 3D to T2?

It’s almost been two years and still no official announcement from Universal. What is going on? Are they embarrassed to announce it? This is beyond ridiculous. It’s a stunt show, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched a portion of The Bourne Identity recently and the part with the bikes made me wonder if the attraction would be similar but rethemed/no 3D to T2?

It’s almost been two years and still no official announcement from Universal. What is going on? Are they embarrassed to announce it? This is beyond ridiculous. It’s a stunt show, right?

Once again, this is a major concern I have about EU. What happens to the current two parks? Epcot--particularly WoL and Innoventions--comes to mind.

I'm referring to how many things they've left abandoned.
Those areas lost their sponsors. Epcot back then was running on a strictly sponsorship model and when an attraction lost a sponsor it was usually left to rot or closed. That has nothing to do with how Universal runs their parks. And if and when Epcot started losing visitorship they stepped up and made changes/added attractions to help bring people back. Just because Wonders of Life closed doesn’t mean they didn’t add Soarin or Frozen Ever After, new festivals, etc, to bring in new visitors.

Once again, this is a major concern I have about EU. What happens to the current two parks? Epcot--particularly WoL and Innoventions--comes to mind.
I think it will be different for the Universal parks as Comcast seems to be very bullish about expansion...We may see a few years after EU with small additions, but I don't think the parks will be forgotten.

As far as Bourne goes, I still expect us to get an announcement over a blog post or Facebook - and that's it. It just isn't a massive high profile project

I think it will be different for the Universal parks as Comcast seems to be very bullish about expansion...We may see a few years after EU with small additions, but I don't think the parks will be forgotten.

As far as Bourne goes, I still expect us to get an announcement over a blog post or Facebook - and that's it. It just isn't a massive high profile project

plus I think T2 replacement has kept getting pushed back to have something to open for 2020. This year was about Hagrids.

Could swear that the blue on the building is bluer than yesterday....Maybe it’s something to do with the color of the sky?
View attachment 10867
Tron_with_disk-700x320.jpg

...nahhhhhh.

So I finally say I own one of these big bad boys:
hopeofthefuture_t70_01.jpg

hopeofthefuture_t70_02.jpg

It's missing a few parts, so it's not complete. But most of it can be solved. Some parts are damaged, but that's what you get with all these years or hard work.

I can't put it up right now as these robots are too tall for my room. Will need a bigger house first. Then I need to make a steel skeleton that can carry the very heavy gun.

It's missing a few parts, so it's not complete. But most of it can be solved. Some parts are damaged, but that's what you get with all these years or hard work.

I can't put it up right now as these robots are too tall for my room. Will need a bigger house first. Then I need to make a steel skeleton that can carry the very heavy gun.
OMG amazing.

Also, when you described rebuilding it, the first thought that crossed my mind is “we thought we prevented Judgement Day but it’s starting all over”.

That is awesome!

Do you know which position this robot was at?

2020 it is then? Looks like the one-man-band construction worker who is on-site for this has moved on to painting the exterior an ever-so-slightly different color. The stunt actors and performers for this will be the most well-rehearsed team since Phantom of the Opera by the time it opens.
It's been sooooo long, the actor's second generation kids will be replacing them. :lol: