Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not expecting it to be huge, but I’d assume longer than The Cat In The Hat in Orlando? Even just by like 30 seconds or something

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think Cat in the Hat is pretty long for a classic family dark ride? At least it felt like it just kept going and going lol. Much longer than Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Little Mermaid, etc.

EDIT
Okay I looked it up on Touring Plans and found these ride times (Orlando versions):

Peter Pan: 3 mins
Winnie the Pooh: 4 mins
E.T. Adventure: 5 mins
Cat in the Hat: 6 mins
Little Mermaid: 7 mins

So what are we thinking for this? 4-5 mins?

Last edited:
Maybe I’m wrong, but I think Cat in the Hat is pretty long for a classic family dark ride? At least it felt like it just kept going and going lol. Much longer than Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Little Mermaid, etc.

EDIT
Okay I looked it up on Touring Plans and found these ride times (Orlando versions):

The first two versions of SLOP were running at apx. 4 minutes. But this building is somewhat smaller than that which was to house the first versions.

EDIT

Probably 3.5-ish mins

The first two versions of SLOP were running at apx. 4 minutes. But this building is somewhat smaller than that which was to house the first versions.
Probably 3.5-ish mins

Closer to 2-2:30 minutes. Don't even think about the original versions anymore. This was version was completely re-designed from the ground up with a new story.

Nobody is happier than me to see Universal building a classic-style, smaller-scale dark ride (now build one in USF, please!), but only two minutes (if accurate) sounds like it could run the risk of being underwhelming for some. I think it would really need to be packed with scenes and paced very, very well to not feel like it's over before you've even gotten started.

2 Mins is longer than some rollercoasters at magic mountain. I think that's actually a lot for a ride in such a small space.

Status
Not open for further replies.