HHN 29: Depths of Fear | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 29: Depths of Fear

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
See, and I can respect the simple aspect of finding it cheap or non-essential. It's more just the wild outcry to cut it from the house because it's so tragically offensive at an event littered with every form of gore you can think of that baffles me. I mean, this reaction almost feels like it trumps the reaction of any other house that's had underwhelming, lazy writing in the past.

I agree. It sucks, but it needs to stay. That's what the creators wanted. As a critic of it, you can deal with it and do the house more (Which I intend to do), or just not do the house. Some of the "pro-deathers" have been a little too hard on the critics about it (at least to the ones who just said it sucks). This hasn't been a problem here, thank god.

I agree. It sucks, but it needs to stay. That's what the creators wanted. As a critic of it, you can deal with it and do the house more (Which I intend to do), or just not do the house. Some of the "pro-deathers" have been a little too hard on the critics about it (at least to the ones who just said it sucks). This hasn't been a problem here, thank god.

Yeah, I'm the last person wanting to defend this house (it's been at the bottom of my list all 3 nights now by a large margin :lol:), I'm just surprised by the reaction to something I barely even noticed. And I did see some of those tweets a few minutes ago actually (including the fact that someone super sweet was driven off of twitter) and that's just totally messed up. It's such a strange thing to attack someone over. I may disagree with the perspective, but dear god... Personally attacking someone because of their take on an HHN effect? Get it together.

I just saw a picture of the nightingales entrance and it literally has a horse being eaten by the Nightingale . Has anyone complained?

Drew brought this up on twitter but the thing that sticks out is an underwater base with fish people taking over doesn’t equate to seeing a mutilated dog. Gladiator battles and “blood pit” do suggest that. As @SeventyOne suggested in that thread on Twitter you knew what you were getting in La Llorona but if that image appeared in another house with no reason then I’d probably be called out as cheap.

Drew brought this up on twitter but the thing that sticks out is an underwater base with fish people taking over doesn’t equate to seeing a mutilated dog. Gladiator battles and “blood pit” do suggest that. As @SeventyOne suggested in that thread on Twitter you knew what you were getting in La Llorona but if that image appeared in another house with no reason then I’d probably be called out as cheap.

Yet, we also have classic horror films like Alien where Ripley is in space, but has a cat. Does it have to make blatant sense necessarily?

Thats true, like the deer in walking dead i guess. It had a reason to be in that zone back then

Yet, we also have classic horror films like Alien where Ripley is in space, but has a cat. Does it have to make blatant sense necessarily?

It's not that. It's fish man, host, fish man, host, fish man, mutilated bodies cuz fish man, fish man, DOG CHOPPED IN HALF CUZ DOOR, fish man.

Imagine at the climax of Alien, they showed the cat dead in a way unrelated to the threat? That's the critique.

It's not that. It's fish man, host, fish man, host, fish man, mutilated bodies cuz fish man, fish man, DOG CHOPPED IN HALF CUZ DOOR, fish man.

Imagine at the climax of Alien, they showed the cat dead in a way unrelated to the threat? That's the critique.
I mean, I completely and absolutely agree that the story here is half baked and could be great, but isn’t. My point is simply that it doesn’t necessarily need to be super in your face why he is there. He could’ve been the ship pet just as Jonesy is, especially with other references to him prior to his demise.

Reactions: ChaseTuff
I mean, I completely and absolutely agree that the story here is half baked and could be great, but isn’t. My point is simply that it doesn’t necessarily need to be super in your face why he is there. He could’ve been the ship pet just as Jonesy is, especially with other references to him prior to his demise.

I get having a pet on the ship. It's his death just doesn't go with the flow of the house.

Has there been any other movie where the pet gets hurt like that besides stranger things and Alien 3?
Ahem, Trick r' Treat, Halloween, The Mist, Candyman, Evil Dead (2013), The VVitch and of The Thing.
I simply find this dilema, people are acting that it is a "break of the story" and betrays the tone of the house while there are tons of corpses with a worse fate than the dog.

To be honest I felt the dead dog added to the horror honestly. It shows how urgent the miners were to close the door that even simple puppy couldn’t stop them. It’s hard to look at and the sound effects are heart wrenching but honestly to me there’s no different in a dog being chopped in half by a door and whimpering and a actual human being being gutted and screaming. None the less this house is super disappointing and I can’t figure out why I feel this way but it just wasn’t my cup of tea.

OMG! I’m so sick of people being offended by everything! It’s called Halloween HORROR Nights people! Go to Mickey’s if the slightest little thing upsets you! When you have a CONGA LINE, you're gonna have to rely on producing disturbing imagery! It's sensitive little snowflakes like this that give us these awful live action Disney remakes--they want every single thing dumbed down to the lowest common denominator!
>:O:enrage:

/rant

LOL k

To be honest I felt the dead dog added to the horror honestly. It shows how urgent the miners were to close the door that even simple puppy couldn’t stop them. It’s hard to look at and the sound effects are heart wrenching but honestly to me there’s no different in a dog being chopped in half by a door and whimpering and a actual human being being gutted and screaming. None the less this house is super disappointing and I can’t figure out why I feel this way but it just wasn’t my cup of tea.

When you put it like that....

OMG! I’m so sick of people being offended by everything! It’s called Halloween HORROR Nights people! Go to Mickey’s if the slightest little thing upsets you! When you have a CONGA LINE, you're gonna have to rely on producing disturbing imagery! It's sensitive little snowflakes like this that give us these awful live action Disney remakes--they want every single thing dumbed down to the lowest common denominator!

/rant

You’re making this a bigger deal than anyone else is.

You’re making this a bigger deal than anyone else is.

Ok, but what's next? Someone will inevitably demand something else that's on the intense side to get removed (the guy getting his ribs torn out in CP). What precedent would that set?

Pretty sure they've had Toto get the (literal) axe in a Scary Tales house as well. We would've likely gotten Conjuring by now if either the Warren lawsuit or HMH hadn't happened--that contains the death of a dog.

/rant

true...
(also rob zombie zone is a timebomb for offense lol)

68Cd6aZ.png

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95