Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19 Employee Preview

Anybody know what he could be talking about? The only things coming to mind are the room full of skeletons in The Shining that might've been replicated for New Year's or maybe something from Krampus coming up in Christmas somehow.

Saw a video of a scene in Us on Snapchat and wow. We actually have the classroom scene in our maze and it looks ripped straight out of the film, even down to the red handprints on the wall and the actors movements. Easily my #1 most anticipated now

Me reading the positive reviews for Us
giphy.gif

Must have missed that, happy to see it back anyway.

There was a big hubbub a little while back about how there wasn't a Halloween section when he talked about the maze at the announcement, but then some folks asked hin about it in a q&a and it turns out those slides were accidentally left out of the presentation. He clarified that it was a pumpkin patch, H2 style, with some funky new additions.

stilt walkers!

So here’s a recap of what we know so far:
Us and Holidayz seem to be the standouts of the year.
Killer Klowns, Creepshow, Ghostbusters, FMTW, and Corpses are pretty well received.
Stranger Things and Pandora’s Box seem to be the only flops this year.
Haven’t heard much from the scare zones or Jabbawockeez
The Black Walls are back...
These first reactions tell me we have a pretty solid event this year!

Don't judge until you yourself have walked through these mazes and experienced them. No photo, video, or explanation does any of these mazes justice. This is a good year for Hollywood HHN, so go in with an open mind and stop being so pessimistic.
IMG_7038.JPG

Very pleasantly surprised to good reviews for Us, obviously disappointed at the not so great corpses reviews and black walls still being prevalent. Still excited for Thursday.

Hmm, I really wish they went with the projection effects like Orlando. Slimer as purely practical is a neat idea but you get too close it looks like. The facade looks great. Hopefully it'll shape up and be better later.

That's the thing with EPN, these mazes simply aren't truly finished yet.

Hmm, I really wish they went with the projection effects like Orlando. Slimer as purely practical is a neat idea but you get too close it looks like. The facade looks great. Hopefully it'll shape up and be better later.

That's the thing with EPN, these mazes simply aren't truly finished yet.
I like the practical version better

How bad are the black walls compared to the past couple of years? The Insidious maze from 2017 was one of the worst mazes that I have gone through anywhere since it had so many black walls. I hope this doesn't begin to approach 2017 level of black walls.

I have Frequent Fear with Fan Preview, so Thursday will be my first night. I am hoping for the best year since 2016.

How bad are the black walls compared to the past couple of years? The Insidious maze from 2017 was one of the worst mazes that I have gone through anywhere since it had so many black walls. I hope this doesn't begin to approach 2017 level of black walls.

I have Frequent Fear with Fan Preview, so Thursday will be my first night. I am hoping for the best year since 2016.

General consensus seems to be not nearly as bad as recent years.