Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 551 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone know the nights The Simpsons ride will be open?

Was it open on opening night? I don't think Universal even knows yet... I'm guessing when crowds are super heavy.... So I'm guessing Saturdays in October most likely

I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I'm posting this here. Would you guys consider this year better than last year or a contender for one of the best years? I'm considering extending my trip to another week but it depends how good this year is.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I'm posting this here. Would you guys consider this year better than last year or a contender for one of the best years? I'm considering extending my trip to another week but it depends how good this year is.
I went Friday and Saturday night with 24 house walkthroughs, IMO I say last year was better but this year follows behind it and I been going since 23. So this year is 2nd out of 7.

Reactions: JunoSynth

theres too much to do, so it is heavier in content than other years. on content alone is above previous years. its basically the same as last year but fuller in content.
house effects are better. zones are fun. academy of villains is better. houses are good
i think an extra week would be worth it just for how much there is

I’m dipping my toe into this briefly, but I’ve seen a lot of “if you’re not into scary things or jump scares this is the year for you” comments online. While I know this was stated in a constructive and positive way to get new people to the event I wonder for those here if they’ve noticed a drop off in “scary” vs other years. Is it being over stated? Only applicable to ST/Ghost?
I've noticed it overall.

To be quite honest, I've only had one truly GREAT scare all year and it was in Zombieland as we were exiting Us. As far as the houses go... There's no Poltergeist or Scarecrow here. Everything is very moderate on scares, which does leave me a bit disappointed bc while Klownz is a fun time and GB/ST are still good houses, I want that one house where I know it's gonna get me every time, even as a horror junkie.

The Soundstages are all very tame as they are all either big IPs that are either not horror properties or Jordan Peele was late to the party with Us. Yeti is very repetitive. Same big guy over and over in a fairly boring way. Depths and Nightingales have similar problems of characters that are very similar just popping out all house and not hidden well.

Idk, to me a lot of this year is a disappointment so far. We'll see how the event grows though.

I've noticed it overall.

To be quite honest, I've only had one truly GREAT scare all year and it was in Zombieland as we were exiting Us. As far as the houses go... There's no Poltergeist or Scarecrow here. Everything is very moderate on scares, which does leave me a bit disappointed bc while Klownz is a fun time and GB/ST are still good houses, I want that one house where I know it's gonna get me every time, even as a horror junkie.

The Soundstages are all very tame as they are all either big IPs that are either not horror properties or Jordan Peele was late to the party with Us. Yeti is very repetitive. Same big guy over and over in a fairly boring way. Depths and Nightingales have similar problems of characters that are very similar just popping out all house and not hidden well.

Idk, to me a lot of this year is a disappointment so far. We'll see how the event grows though.

Graveyard games felt like the same room over and over too.
I still found yeti scary. It repeats but the yeti all look different

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
I went Friday and Saturday night with 24 house walkthroughs, IMO I say last year was better but this year follows behind it and I been going since 23. So this year is 2nd out of 7.

theres too much to do, so it is heavier in content than other years. on content alone is above previous years. its basically the same as last year but fuller in content.
house effects are better. zones are fun. academy of villains is better. houses are good
i think an extra week would be worth it just for how much there is

Well I'm sold. I just booked another week at Aventura Hotel! Thanks for the input!

Reactions: Lucky Planet
First few reviews I’ve seen of Scareactor Dining have been pretty disappointing. Fewer food items. Dessert is watermelon and cupcakes. Few scareactors and aside from the dining exclusives ones (Dr. Frankenstein and Igor) they no longer come to your table.

Can you link any reviews? This is something I was looking forward to

Wow, that looks awful compared to other years. 5 characters and 2 aren't even from a house.
To be fair, they only typically have a couple of scareactors from houses, Igor, Dr. Frankenstein, and then typically two scareactors from zones. I would not be surprised if they don’t have standouts to pull from the zones yet.

Reactions: RevFreako
All houses except Us are included. The 3 house tour is Corpses, Graveyard, and Klowns.

So they switch the houses? Didn't know that. Last year I did it for the first time (6 house tour) and enjoyed it so doing it again but hoping i get ST and Klowns.

Yup. Basically, you can do 9 houses if you get each tour.

This is tempting me to do the 3 house tour on Monday the 23 before I fly back to Austin at 4 pm lol.

EDIT: NVM they dont do them on mondays :(

Last edited by a moderator:
First few reviews I’ve seen of Scareactor Dining have been pretty disappointing. Fewer food items. Dessert is watermelon and cupcakes. Few scareactors and aside from the dining exclusives ones (Dr. Frankenstein and Igor) they no longer come to your table.
Actually did this on Sunday. Was decent, but definitely not worth the $50 price point. AP discount drops it to around $42, but even then, I've had better meals elsewhere.

Was thinking about doing the UTH day tour on Nov. 1 the only thing I’m worried about is stuff being broke by then. Anyone know if this is most likely to happen? And what house will be part of it this year if you did it?

So they haven't fixed that yet? We went the first two years. First year was OK. We decided to give it a go the seconds year thinking they would have fixed logistics, etc. and BIG NOPE. We were ignored by the scareactors. I felt like an ahole having to complain that Chance bypassed our table. We weren't in a corner or anything - she stops at the table next to us then skips us to go to the next table. I've read on other forums of similar experiences. Also they lost the photos that were taken (included in the package).

If your marquee character isn't stopping at each table and the food is just OK you've lost me for that upcharge.

Wife and I were able to do all the houses on Saturday without express. I'm sure that won't always be the case.

I think the houses are all so good this year, that it's hard to even rank them definitively. Loved Ghostbusters even more considering we watched the movie the week before going.

Scarezones were a bit disappointing to me so far. I'm sure it will get better as time goes on. So far Rob Zombie and Vanity Ball were my favorites.

Can't wait to go back next week.

Last edited:
Well I'm sold. I just booked another week at Aventura Hotel! Thanks for the input!
Was thinking about doing the UTH day tour on Nov. 1 the only thing I’m worried about is stuff being broke by then. Anyone know if this is most likely to happen? And what house will be part of it this year if you did it?

Small Props will break or walls will break, but most of the house will be fine.

Reactions: RevFreako