Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19 Employee Preview

So i saw a Stranger Things vid and i...kinda like it. Now don´t get me wrong, it´s not amazing, but it´s still a good attempt at the show.

I know were almost to opening night, but is it still too late to fix up the black walls?

I know at least GB, they mentioned "signs" that they were gonna add (stuff like Library, Central Park West) so maybe that.
there was like one sign. but that maze is mostly filled with black out scares. the actual scenes and stuff are awesome though, the feeling of this maze is so bizzare. not scary at all its just cool to look at. The ending is cool.

my verdict of this year is that, eveything is so spread out it will help with lines, HHN without terror tram is cool. you don't have to worry about fitting it into your schedule because of it closing early and tbh Im glad we don't have to walk the backlot anymore haha

there was like one sign. but that maze is mostly filled with black out scares. the actual scenes and stuff are awesome though, the feeling of this maze is so bizzare. not scary at all its just cool to look at. The ending is cool.

my verdict of this year is that, eveything is so spread out it will help with lines, HHN without terror tram is cool. you don't have to worry about fitting it into your schedule because of it closing early and tbh Im glad we don't have to walk the backlot anymore haha
Uuuuuugggggghhhhhh that is so annoying to hear. Would it kill them to have at least one scene where the ghosts are scaring you within the context of the scene? They can’t even have one hallway where Slimer jumps out and it’s a hallway from in the hotel?

I will say that it will be really nice not having to deal with the tram for once. It’s gonna feel really weird trying to remember that Tram doesn’t exist anymore once I’m there, but it felt like such a chore to go do it. Glad to see it’s replaced with two mazes.

I said this in another thread, but crowds are going to be really spread out more than ever with JW being open and the tram area holding two mazes the entire night, not having to shut down at 11.

Haunt Fanatic is saying Orlando is better this year. He got to do both. You guys probably have the better Killer Klownz though.

Haunt Fanatic is saying Orlando is better this year. He got to do both. You guys probably have the better Killer Klownz though.
I honestly feel Hollywood is neck and neck with Orlando this year, I went to Orlando’s and felt a lot of stuff Hollywood did turned out better then Orlando’s and vice versa. both have great stuff and both have bad stuff, I feel overall both coasts (especially Hollywood) came for it this year and succeeded for the most part

I honestly feel Hollywood is neck and neck with Orlando this year, I went to Orlando’s and felt a lot of stuff Hollywood did turned out better then Orlando’s and vice versa. both have great stuff and both have bad stuff, I feel overall both coasts (especially Hollywood) came for it this year and succeeded for the most part

Yeah I’m sure it will be subjective for each person. I’m just saying what I heard from him.

So I had a good time last night, unfortunately I didn't do Frankenstein meets the Wolf Man due to my host and I just being tired and I was starting to get a headache (but I'll be back once more to catch it). I'll say right now - the event is no where near 2016's level, but it's better than last years. I don't think houses are riddled with black walls, but the houses whose sections are just black walls can definitely feel significant.

Here's my first impressions (best to worst):
1. Creepshow
2. Holidays in Hell
3. Us
4. Killer Klowns from Outer Space
5. Ghostbusters
6. House of 1000 Corpses
7. Pandora's Box
8. Stranger Things

Also lots of props were already being destroyed by stupid guests, especially in Killer Klowns which sucked.

I am legit very happy to see the positive responses to Us. I haven’t been shy about my high hopes in A) Just getting the maze in the first place, and B) Having it be my most anticipated of the year, by a long shot. It’s quickly becoming one of my most anticipated of any HHN house, ever.

Reactions: DTH
Anyone know what the split between seasons 2 and 3 in Stranger Things is like? I know it's mostly season 2, but I wanna get a feeling of just how much season 3 is featured.

Literally just one scene and it's not even a good one. Orlando Killed it with their Stranger Things house.
Honestly they would have been better off not even mentioning that Hollywoods had a season 3 portion, since then the fact it was there at all would be at least a little cool, but since our expectations were set it was somewhat inevitable that it would be disappointing.

Also Pandora's Box has just about nothing to do with greek mythology. The first room is insanely beautiful but there's lots of reused sets in it from Black Sabbath and ACGTH. Stranger Things also reuses a facade from AvP lol. It's really bad.