Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just getting caught up on the forum been about 2 weeks since I have looked around on here. Not a big poster more of a looker..... but as I was reviewing the last couple of pages looks like I might see some fellow project managers or quality engineers posting cool quality/project manager vernacular!

Will there be such a focus on entertainment in the new park? When the USF & IOA have like 3-4 empty theaters currently between them?

I cannot recall, but has Mike been directly involved in the new Bourne show in the last year? Has he alluded to this?
Mike's title is/was "Senior Director, Entertainment - Creative Development." Any live performance in the parks fall under that umbrella. While, obviously, that includes shows, parades, and events, it also includes costume characters AND face characters.

So, will he lead the development of shows in the new park? Yes. He's also going to lead the development of meet and greets.

I don’t quite understand if he has been leading development for two parks why he can’t just lead for three. The change in status makes little sense to me.
His role is different as I don’t think he had a major role in the live entertainment of the current parks. He was mostly involved with HHN that I know of. Now he is working for Uni Creative on actual shows for the new park solely. I’m guessing there was some overlap in his job description so maybe he did multiple things.

I don’t quite understand if he has been leading development for two parks why he can’t just lead for three. The change in status makes little sense to me.

His role is different as I don’t think he had a major role in the live entertainment of the current parks. He was mostly involved with HHN that I know of. Now he is working for Uni Creative on actual shows for the new park solely. I’m guessing there was some overlap in his job description so maybe he did multiple things.
"Entertainment" doesn't really go into effect until closer to park opening.

It's entirely possible a big part of his new role is establishing requirements for live entertainment in the new park, and writing scripts for Entertainment/Creative crossover attractions (such as Poseidon's Fury and T2/Bourne). Even determining simple stuff like "I want a street show here, so we need a sound booth hidden there" (think Magic Kingdom's Sword in the Stone, where the sound booth is hidden a ride facade). If they're doing HtTYD, Smash Brothers, or any other "headline" show that requires animatronics (or even moving theaters), he's likely leading their development.

Mike hasn't focused on HHN for about 3 years. He approves stuff, but 95% is developed by others. He wrote Grinchmas, directed CineCele, developed the Celeste show. He did WAY more than HHN.

There's a photo of the model on Alicia's Theme Park Stop site. You might have to search back for it though. That was a couple of months ago.

There's a photo of the model on Alicia's Theme Park Stop site. You might have to search back for it though. That was a couple of months ago.
Got it, I had seen those previously just had no idea what was posted/deleted. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
From Mice Chat today: "tariffs on China's steel "has put a kink in the plans for Universal's new park as well as the upcoming Disney Epcot project". Mice Chat goes on to say that some of the Epic project plans that Universal was solid on are now being reconsidered due to the significant cost increase of steel. They also said that additional live entertainment may replace some of those changed plans.

From Mice Chat today: "tariffs on China's steel "has put a kink in the plans for Universal's new park as well as the upcoming Disney Epcot project". Mice Chat goes on to say that some of the Epic project plans that Universal was solid on are now being reconsidered due to the significant cost increase of steel. They also said that additional live entertainment may replace some of those changed plans.

Man, the Classic Monsters attractions always get cursed by steel prices. Remember the scrapped Van Helsing project for IoA that eventually turned into Potter?

Booooooo

Skeptical me is skeptical.

The tariffs have been around for a while now, especially before the announcement. They could all go away in a little over a year should someone else win the presidency. I just doubt this report quite a bit.

Skeptical me is skeptical.

The tariffs have been around for a while now, especially before the announcement. They could all go away in a little over a year should someone else win the presidency. I just doubt this report quite a bit.
I agree. I imagine you buy options on steel the same way that airlines but options on fuel. That way, you can try and spread out your steel prices to avoid upticks like this.

Reactions: therock